Adventure Tool Company's (ATC) 4wd Provan Tiger adventures

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Bombing around NM. Still dailing in our winter camping with the Tiger.IMG_2549.jpg

Last edited:

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
It can be a bummer......when it get's super cold and your tanks and water lines freeze...still a great NM adventure. Gotta figure out way of insulating the exposed tank lines.IMG_2580.jpgIMG_2567.jpg

Last edited:

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Did a little over 1600 on this trip. Averaged 12-14 mpg, except with those NM headwinds that kicked our butt and returned Sub 10's mpg. The Tiger performed excellent with no issues other then some frozen pipes when it got really chilly. Did some mild off roading in the Gila National Forest while heading to the Gila Cliff Dwellings. Absolute awesome 25 mile drive through the NF. Tons of two tracks off into the forest for dispersed camping. Had a couple of really exciting events along the road. The first was a young buck that jumped out in front of the Tiger wanted to fight it and he bounced across the front of the grilland ended up skidding down the road. He jumped up and ran off into the forest. No damage to the truck and apparently no damage to him!
The second excitement was coming around a tight switch back curve to find a red Ford dually in our lane.....Thought for sure the lady was going to put it over the edge (no guard rails on the ridge). I stopped and just watched in my mirrors as she fought the truck and the edge, she eventually got it back on the road but it was close. NM is always an awesome adventure!IMG_2588.jpgIMG_2641.jpgIMG_2577.jpgIMG_2587.jpg

Last edited:

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
You were not all that far from from me. I read some RV'ers ,if the hoses are running through a compartment , put in a small electric heater to keep the pipes from freezing.

Couldn't you just run the water as a drip, like you would at home to prevent freezing pipes?

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
You were not all that far from from me. I read some RV'ers ,if the hoses are running through a compartment , put in a small electric heater to keep the pipes from freezing.

Couldn't you just run the water as a drip, like you would at home to prevent freezing pipes?

I wish we would have known about your upcoming event we would have adjusted our schedule and brought some ATC gear down.....next year!

Yeah, I'll do some research and figure it out before I bust a waterline. Thanks and good luck this weekend.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
I've been really pleased with the SkyJacker lift. It has a comfy and flexy ride, but I wanted to add a little additional stability and height flexibility in the rear. Just got the rear Airlift kit and hope to install once we get a little warmer weather. Hope to have it done before the Easter Jeep week in Moab where we're displaying our ATC gear!IMG_2658.jpg

Last edited:

java

Expedition Leader
Very good, the air bags make a nice difference on the heavy truck IMO. Big swaybars are on my list still too.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Very good, the air bags make a nice difference on the heavy truck IMO. Big swaybars are on my list still too.

This really has nothing to do with nothing, but I was all prepped to get started on these yesterday but the weather in the mountains is nuts this time of year. The day started out 60, sunny and no wind but by the time I got the camper on jackstands it rained, sleeted, snowed and the winds kicked in. Had to give up and wait till Sunday since the forecast says it'll be 60 and sunny. yep...

java

Expedition Leader
This really has nothing to do with nothing, but I was all prepped to get started on these yesterday but the weather in the mountains is nuts this time of year. The day started out 60, sunny and no wind but by the time I got the camper on jackstands it rained, sleeted, snowed and the winds kicked in. Had to give up and wait till Sunday since the forecast says it'll be 60 and sunny. yep...

There are times I wish I had a ginormous shop! Good luck tomorrow

trailscape

Explorer
I love the Airlift kit in my Tundra. Make sure you cut those lines straight and clean otherwise you might have slow leaks or worse. Did you get the one with the dash control?

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
I love the Airlift kit in my Tundra. Make sure you cut those lines straight and clean otherwise you might have slow leaks or worse. Did you get the one with the dash control?

Not this time. I had that system in my truck/truck camper and then went to "self fill" system on my last truck and liked the simplicity of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles