Adventure Tool Company's (ATC) 4wd Provan Tiger adventures

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Norcold DE0041 Update:
So, after talking with Norcold Warranty Services (no help or real customer service), RV refrigerator Tech (Camping World and Marine something +/- $200 for a service call, not including repair and they couldn't guarantee a repair..), googling everything (Norcoldguy.com $79.00 just to answer a question....) and electricians....nothing. Remember this was a brand new, out of the box AC/D.C. $1,000 Fridge. Well,I went back with an AC/D.C. Meter and checked every connection. Good. It went back to the installation instructions and went step by step. Good. The electrical schematics was in the owners manual, not the installation manual and ran every wire. Good. Wait for it....the schematics showed a ground wire that isn't in the installation manual and isn't included in the wiring kit. So, it appears when the fridge was slid into its cabinet location the bottom metal frame touched a camper frame mounting bolt (frame grounding it) so on day one it worked. But as it drove down the road the fridge shifted a little "ungrounding" it and stopping from working. So, a .25 cent piece of wire and connectors grounded to the frame and boom... the dam thing freezes ice cubes! I'm sure the electricians in the group can explain why this is the case, but I'm still frustrated and embarrassed about how simple this issue was and the lack of customer service from Norcold...time to have a cold beer. Cheers!

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
This was the 2017 OE parking lot field repair of the high pressure power steering hose. It got us 1000 miles home without a leak! God bless gorilla tape, zip ties, brake cleaner and borrowed Expedition Overland hose clamps! New part went in today since we're heading to Moab next week.IMG_1993.jpg

Last edited:

trailscape

Explorer
Ever seen Fiberfix tape at home depot? I keep a roll handy along with Gorilla tape. It supposedly hardens like steel when wrapped so I figure it could be useful for a few more emergency repairs.

https://expeditionportal.com/fiberfix-the-6-tool-every-overlander-should-have/

This was the 2017 OE parking lot field repair of the high pressure power steering hose. It got us 1000 miles home without a leak! God bless gorilla tape, zip ties, brake cleaner and borrowed Expedition Overland hose clamps! New part went in today since we're heading to Moab next week.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Spent a couple of (hot) days in Moab testing out the Tigers off-road ability. Did Hurrah Pass, Shafer Road and Tusher's Wash (kinda) with no problem. Very comfy camping each night in the outback aswell.IMG_1997.JPGIMG_1999.JPGIMG_1998.JPG

Last edited:

jebers53

Observer
Nice build! It would be show stopper at the annual owners Tiger Rally in Leadville next June. We have had 30+ Tigers attend for the last 4 years, nice mix of vintage and restored Astro and Truck based models as well as the newest and greatest production units right our of Provan in South Carolina. Plenty to see and share!
Hope to see you on the road ( when I see a tiger, I always stop)
http://tigerowners.freeforums.org/index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior