Adventure Silvy's Build Thread

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Still love this thing, I had a set of lights laying around so I wanted to make up a bracket like you have for my 2wd. Thanks for those pics, any pics of the fender trimmage yet?

IMG_1609_zpsgpmskq9w.jpg

IMG_1004_zpshjk0sgfk.jpg

Btw, I dig the pics of the abandoned service station, I'm a sucker for abandoned places.

IMG_0309_zpsesw3tve2.jpg

IMG_1269_zpsnijdui9h.jpg

Last edited:

TCICapn

Crap! Didn't mean to blow your cover haha! Thanks to builds like yours and @Barb The Yeti I'm pretty convinced I'll be going with a set of King coilovers and 34s or 35s once the money is there. I can always count on the Expo crew to give me new ways to spend my money haha.

You mentioned before you have 3.73 gears in your truck, was that a factory option for your year or have you upgraded them?

I'd love to see more of what you've done to your truck and of course adventures you've taken it on. Thanks!

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Still love this thing, I had a set of lights laying around so I wanted to make up a bracket like you have for my 2wd. Thanks for those pics, any pics of the fender trimmage yet?

IMG_1609_zpsgpmskq9w.jpg

IMG_1004_zpshjk0sgfk.jpg

Btw, I dig the pics of the abandoned service station, I'm a sucker for abandoned places.

IMG_0309_zpsesw3tve2.jpg

IMG_1269_zpsnijdui9h.jpg

Here is the fender trim photo! I'm sorry it isn't of the highest quality i just ran out on my lunch break and grabbed a photo off my phone!

IMG_5012.jpg

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_4957.jpg

IMG_4960.jpg

Since it was mentioned that there was an interest in abandoned scene photos here are a few more and few from my other build!

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Crap! Didn't mean to blow your cover haha! Thanks to builds like yours and @Barb The Yeti I'm pretty convinced I'll be going with a set of King coilovers and 34s or 35s once the money is there. I can always count on the Expo crew to give me new ways to spend my money haha.

You mentioned before you have 3.73 gears in your truck, was that a factory option for your year or have you upgraded them?

I'd love to see more of what you've done to your truck and of course adventures you've taken it on. Thanks!

Yeah my truck is factory 3.73! When i bought the truck i was assuming it had the 3.42s but when i went through and checked apparently it has 3.73s. I still plan on changing them out to 4.56s In the future! I also just sub'd to barb the yeti. Yeah i totally agree with you EXPO has destroyed my bank account.

TCICapn

That's cool they offered the 3.73s for your truck! I am surprised they did, the only to get 3.73s for my year was to get the Max Trailering Package with the 6.2L engine. 3.42s are working just fine for my 285 tires but I'm thinking some 4.10s might be in order when I size up.

What made you settle on 4.56s? With the 6 speed it seems like you can get away with lower (numerically) axle gears to maintain ~2000RPM highway while still getting plenty of low end power. I don't wanna gear it so low that she's screamin' on the highway haha.

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Hey all,

Long time no talk, i've found myself pretty busy with college and work. Picked up a new expedition Mule Rack to head towards a roof top tent. Desert season is coming up so i also picked up a 2004 KX250 i plan on doing an Enduro build on. Here's the rack without lights and after i put some of BD's angled flush mounts on it.

Mule Rack 1.jpg

Mule Rack 2.jpg

Bojak

Adventurer
Love the build and you use it. The low on 35s is killer. Keep up the good adventures and build. Post on this thread once you get a build going on the bike and we can check it out.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Love the build and you use it. The low on 35s is killer. Keep up the good adventures and build. Post on this thread once you get a build going on the bike and we can check it out.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Thanks i appreciate it! I love tucking big tires. The bike just got a battery light setup, i'll be using Drone batteries because they have high amp-hours!

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Here are some photos from last weekend-

Went to bishop and mammoth with a buddy and our ladies; enjoyed some off-roading, camping, and dirt biking in cold weather!

Extremely happy with how the setup is now!! My buddy made me uber jealous about his bead locks but we will see what happens in the future. I would love to eventually upgrade.

IMG_7473.jpg

IMG_7458.jpg

i have more photos though they are too hi-res!

Also picked up a waterport and couldn't be happier.

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
I think you might have A.L.A. (Auxiliary Light Addiction) I count 18.

Haha, it's a dark, dark path to go down. I love Aux lighting just being it fits everywhere. Looking back i wish i didn't bolt 5 through my valance but i'm not willing to take them out and have holes.

I love your K10, my first truck was a K10 and they have a special place in my heart.

-Luke

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Haha, it's a dark, dark path to go down. I love Aux lighting just being it fits everywhere. Looking back i wish i didn't bolt 5 through my valance but i'm not willing to take them out and have holes.

I love your K10, my first truck was a K10 and they have a special place in my heart.

-Luke

Lol!

Thx. I’m hoping to get it back on the road in the next couple months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94