Adventure Silvy's Build Thread

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Well just got back from Washington, it was a fantastic trip! We hit all the National Parks and they all were so gorgeous. Here are some photos from the trip!

Baja Kits upper arms worked great as well! Road like a caddy.

Also, I bought a project I will be starting a build thread on shortly. I’ve added it as a teaser ?? Brought it all the way back from NorCal!B9A64A78-B1CC-465C-A668-BDADE97D5508.jpegC278442A-0AD7-4C29-B0BB-1530D90CE16C.jpeg48CEC338-8DFA-44FF-8EB4-1EF050EA9F13.jpegE48CA67B-034A-4329-98E1-C280E2F8A07E.jpegB079D42D-F743-472E-91B2-464B7EAC3CE0.jpegDF030529-273F-41A1-AABF-C9F768489DE3.jpegC0F12899-5CB9-46C7-918C-8E9BFD903FAB.jpeg

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Yes, it was unbelievable! It's a bummer that so much is on fire.

I am going to be using your k10 build as a knowledge base as this is my first Square Body BTW!

Such a clean truck! very jealous of all your lights :eek:, I just purchased an f150 that I plan to do a mild build with and hoping it turns out as good as yours!

Also, noticed your profile said you were from Carlsbad. I'm located in Encinitas, maybe ill see your truck driving around someday.

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Such a clean truck! very jealous of all your lights :eek:, I just purchased an f150 that I plan to do a mild build with and hoping it turns out as good as yours!

Also, noticed your profile said you were from Carlsbad. I'm located in Encinitas, maybe ill see your truck driving around someday.

Nice man! I love these full-size adventure rigs. They make a fantastic platform for traveing, hauling, and living with in general.

I'm sure it will, it seems like you're on the right track thus far! I love the camper shell setup. Getchur self some mang! That F-150 would be styling with a squadron sport or XL fog light kit!

Yeah, i'm in Encinitas all the time. I'm sure we'll cross paths at sometime!

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
How did you mount those two squadron lights in the factory fog light hole? Custom bracket off the shelf? Also did you wire in the outside set as oem switched fogs?

I unbolted the factory fog light, tossed it in the trash and bolted up the squadrons with a bit smaller hardware. Super easy!

So the Squadron Pros are linked to my switch pro, and the Squadron Sports are operated on the factory switch. I often drive with the sports on during the day for a little bit of day time safety. The beam pattern is a little bit too much for traffic at night but if there isn't much traffic i'll run them without getting high-beamed.

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
F006E011-6230-40EA-934F-4A1C2399D786.jpegF3DC6064-3789-4675-842B-A39E31AC999B.jpeg55902857-9E03-4725-B0ED-8B1D99119E04.jpeg32F7E7DA-1E1E-42F3-A0C9-9AB97304A681.jpegSome photos from last weekend.

We took Sunday and headed down to our favorite local riding spot to open up the season. These photos were taken in McCain Valley OHV area. Not the best place for trucks but fantastic for bikes. The area is filled with single track and great terrain.

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Well, it's been a little bit since I've posted. The truck has undergone some changes. I am no longer running with a roof top tent, it was too detrimental to my gas mileage.

I found a shell and put it on for my trip up to Sequoia, i will be posting periodic updates on what i do to the back to make it more camp friendly.

IMG_1741.jpgIMG_1780.jpgIMG_1808.jpgIMG_1842.jpg

Last edited:

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Do you like it better? I keep going back and forth on if I want to go bed rack with RTT or shell. Would love to hear the opinion since you now have done both.
I think it still looks great! Well done. Hope the trips have been fun.

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Do you like it better? I keep going back and forth on if I want to go bed rack with RTT or shell. Would love to hear the opinion since you now have done both.
I think it still looks great! Well done. Hope the trips have been fun.

I think so, it’s much more of a practical approach to camping with your daily driver. I try and go camping as often as I can and with time being a pintch things get on my nerves during setup. With the shell it takes all the setup out of things.

Benefits of the shell:
Weather is not an issue
Looks cleaner on the back of the truck
No setup time
Way better MPG
Lockable
Customizable

Benefits of the RTT:
Romantic approach to camping
Made the truck look tuff
Easy to mount accessories
Bed was easily accessible
High off the ground like a watchtower
Seemed warmer

Negatives of the RTT that caused sale:
MPG
Canvas was beginning to show its age
Cover was beginning to fall apart
(Tent age 1yr)
Setup Isn’t as quick as I’d like

Thank you for the compliment, and they’ve been great! I haven’t got out enough this season.

swrider

Observer
Quick question, i know it's been a long time, but...
How did u mount your baja lights on ur front bumper?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior