Adventure Driven's Sexy Lexy, 2007 Lexus GX470 Silver KDSS, $100,000 build

sethro80

Adventurer
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Hello all and good day

Its time to sell Lexy our beloved 2007 Silver Lexus GX 470 KDS Sport Edition 4.7 V-8, 140,500 miles. Also known as "Lexy" $53,000.00 FIRM, no trades, no BS, check with your wife or husband before you try to make a deal, yea we have heard it all.

I am not asking for anyones appraisal, since non of you have inspected Lexy currently it would be hard to make a accurate appraisal, take any negative remarks elsewhere as they are not welcome here, now for those looking for a turn key, no expense spared, meticulously cared for, ready to travel anywhere in the world Overland vehicle continue reading as this may be the truck for you :)

We have the honor of making it into the top 10 of 2016 here on Expedition Portal, check out this link http://expeditionportal.com/the-top-ten-of-2016/

Here is a very long and boring video, I warned you. Watch only if you want to see Lexy from every angle imaginable LOL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxEzuGumWe0

The GX 470 is built on the Land Cruiser Prado 120 platform, only in the USA is it badged a Lexus. The Prado 120 is world renown for its capability and dependability. We have owned Lexy for a little over two years now, we bought her with 107,901 miles on her, she has always had her maintenance done at a Lexus dealership prior to my ownership. She has a clean car fax, no paint work, never been involved in any accidents or insurance claims. All Maintenance is current and the truck needs nothing, everything works as it should.

The day we brought Lexy home the build began. I first stared with replacing the timing belt, all tensioners and pulleys, water pump, thermostat, fan clutch, coolant, high output alternator, all belts and hoses, spark plugs, PVC valve, all Lexus parts BTW and much more, see maintenance schedule below.

As you probably already know I am a perfectionist when it comes to building and taking care of my vehicles. No expense was spared on Lexy during the 2.5 months of 12 hour days seven days a week personally building Lexy. We have $85,000.00 in parts alone not including the rare KDSS GX, this does not include freight, sales tax, and labor installing all the parts and working out the kinks. She has zero rust as she grew up in NV and I purchased her from a dealer in Phoenix AZ.

Our goal was to turn her into a very capable off road adventure machine of epic proportion so to speak, with things like : Baja inspired top shelf ICON suspension, Hot water shower, 20 gallon fresh water tank in factory spare tire location, fridge, storage drawers, RTT, awning, skid plates, solar power to run truck indefinitely off grid, dual batteries, ARB air lockers, air compressor, enough lights to ignite a dry unsuspecting bush LOL, winch, 4:56 gears, custom bumpers, and above all a comfortable and very quiet interior, just as a start. See build list for complete specs and included gear.

We will include a overnight camping adventure in the sale of Lexy as we feel its a great way for us to educate you the buyer on all of her systems and how to use them.

Lexy is located in Flagstaff AZ

We can personally deliver Lexy just about anywhere. We can work that out

Check out our You Tube channel for videos explaining the build and how the accessories work. Here is a link to our channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJBnvhDzu48QFBz9omKgfzg/videos

Here is the build list :

2007 LEXUS GX470 SPORT
ENGINE: 4.7 L 2UZ-FE V8
TRANS: 5-speed A750F automatic
FEATURES: full-time 4wd, KDSS (Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System), center locking differential, leather interior, heated seats, heated mirrors, Navigation/Stereo system with Mark Levinson speakers, rear AC, power- seats/lumbar/mirrors/tilt steering column

VEHICLE MODIFICATIONS
OVERLAND GEAR:
23 Zero Bundaberg roof top tent with annex, Fox Wing awning, K-9 Roof rack, Synergy Manufacturing hot water shower heat exchanger with shower pump and sprayer, 20 Gallon fresh water tank (located in stock spare tire location) with RV 12v water pump and extendable metal hose with adjustable nozzle, ARB snorkel, Custom Goose Gear drawer system with fridge slide, ARB 82 quart 12v fridge, ARB 12V air compressor, Custom fold down cutting board and utensil holder (installed on rear gate), Two Blue Sea power distribution blocks, P3 Solar 125 Watt solar panel with quick connector, SunForce 30 amp solar panel controller, Custom front and rear bumpers with rear tire and jerry can carriers, 5 gallon jerry can, Cobra CB, Black Berry Blue Tooth module, Ultra Gauge, Extra dual USB ports installed*throughout, Trash-A-Roo, IBS dual battery controller, Twin Die Hard Platinum batteries, Shovel mounted to jerry can holder, Front Runner spare tire step, Cell phone signal booster

SUSPENSION:

The main capability upgrade on Lexy is an ICON Vehicle Dynamics Stage 7 Suspension System with an additional “S2” secondary shock upgrade. The front is comprised of billet aluminum upper control arms, 2.5” coil overs with ICON's CDC (Compression Damping Control) Valve, and two-tube Omega Series bypass secondary shocks with compression and rebound adjustability. The rear factory air suspension has been replaced with ARB heavy-duty expedition springs, ICON upper and lower billet control arms, Omega Series bypass rear shocks and hydraulic bump stops, ICON adjustable pan hard bar. All of this combines to create*a suspension setup that is well-suited for the rough terrain and high speeds, but also is comfortable enough for daily driver duty with the ability to adjust the shocks for the perfect ride in any scenario.

TIRES AND WHEELS:
Falken Wildpeak 285/70-R17 AT tires, 18”x9” NV Matte Black Method Race Wheels

DRIVE TRAIN:
ARB air lockers front and rear, Nitro*4:56*gears, Cross drilled and slotted brake rotors, Differential breathers, High output alternator

ARMOR:
4 piece RCI skid plate kit, Metal Tech rock sliders, Custom rear water tank skid plate

LIGHTING:
KC Lights 50” and 20” LED light bars, 2 KC Lights 4” bumper mounted cornering lights, 8 Cyclone LED rock lights (6 white and 2 red that come on when door is open), 4 LZR LED Cube area lights (mounted on roof rack), 3 LZR LED Cube reverse lights, 2 Cyclone LED interior cargo lights and 2 Cyclone under hood lights on switch.

RECOVERY GEAR
Come Up 9500 lb winch (with synthetic rope and wireless winch controller), recovery bag (pulley, tree saver, snatch strap, D-shackles), Maxtrax recovery boards

Here is the maintenance list :

Maintenance records

4/15/14 miles 107901

New Air filter change, t-case, front and rear diff oil changed, power steering fluid flush, power steering rubber supply hose replaced, new spark plugs, new timing belt, water pump, all belt tensioners, new v-belt, new fan belt tensioner and idlers, new radiator hoses and cap, thermostat, new 250 amp alternator, new PCV valve, coolant change, new fan clutch, oil change, transmission fluid change 4 quarts, new in pan transmission strainer/filter changed. New rotors and pads all 4 wheels. Calahan cross drill and slotted rotors. New Sears battery. Icons shocks installed, KC Lights, roof rack, brakes bleed, fox wing, 285/65-18 cooper st maxi, ARB lockers front and rear and Nitro 4:56 gears installed, 20 gallon water tank/skid plate installed,

7-3-14 111900

Oil change, diff oil change full synthetic, air filter, Sylvania H11 and 9005 HID attitude Xenon fueled bulbs, silver star ZXE 65 and 55 watt

10-12-14 116112

installed IBS dual battery controller with 200 Amp relay, installed new secondary sears platinum battery, installed scan gauge, trailer brake controller, battery tray from e-bay Chassis Unlimited 888-552-5371 , Blue Sea Systems 285-Series Surface Mount 100A Circuit Breaker, Toyota air filter installed. SunForce 30 amp solar panel controller

10-23-14 116327

Changed rear gear oil front and rear diffs, changed engine oil, new wipers, installed Eezi awn roof rack, lubed drive shafts,

1-17-15 120516

New Moog : Front lower ball joints, tie rod ends. New front wheel bearing assemblies. Air filter, lubed drive shafts
K500017 ES80378 seal = 710573 , alignment, oil change, lubed rear suspension, changed in cabin air filter, bleed brakes, drained 3.5 quarts of transmission fluid and replaced. Installed wheel skins steering wheel cover

2-12-15 122581 miles

OME 897 rear springs installed

3-28-15 123358

New front rotors and pads # z16 ceramic pads 16-976, new rear Toyota drive shaft installed

4-14-15

Icon secondary 2.5 shocked installed, rear diff oil changed, bled brakes, new air filter 17801-50040

6-30-15

3.5 quarts of tranny oil changed. 127000

7-7-15. 127448
Oil change, coolant drain and refill, changed cabin filter #87139-47010-83, installed Ham antenna, new Omega by pass rear shocks replaced less expensive shocks, valved for weight 250 PSI Nitro, lubed rear drive shaft,

8-19-15
Air filter changed, new Denso (2) upstream O2 sensors Denso # 234-9051 (2) downstream Bosh 234-4261, new front CV shafts #43430-60061 , new driver side outer window belt moulding, changed t-case fluid
new gas cap # Toyota spark plugs SK20R11 IRIDIUM #90080-91180, front dif oil changed with Motul 77-90,

9-9-15. 130643

Oil change, balanced tires, changed rear diff oil, 20 amp solar controller installed

12-15-15. 134714

new Lexus steering rack and pinion with tie rods installed , alignment, oil change, new ARB rear springs to better suite new shocks, lubed u-joints, ARB part number 2896 rear springs, new rear brake pads.

2-14-16 135374

New Lexus Power steering pump, air filter 17801-50040 , cleaned mass air flow sensor, wrapped exhaust under skid plate for t- case heat protection , new Lexus exhaust manifolds and gaskets with new catalytic converters , 5 new Falken tires, rebuilt front upper control arms and bottom bearing in secondary shocks, rebuilt rear lower control arms, relocated rear shock rez to safer place, new LED bulbs in front headlights, changes 5 quarts of transmission oil, world standard ATF, 1 quart over filled per Toyota tsb, rebuilt rear track bar- bushings and Johnny joint , flushed brake fluid

3-16-16. 137460 miles

Oil change, greased u joints, cleaned air filter, checked skid plates, installed missing bolt, checked rear shock nitro 240 psi, fuel cleaner in tank ,

5-27-16 139235 miles
Rear upper control arm bushings and joint replaced, new rear tires due to balance issue, new rear tire pressure sensor installed as it was broke by tire shop.

Here are some photos of Lexy, if I by chance did not take a photo of what you want to see, Pm me and I will take the photo you need and get it added to this list.

Body

Lexy%20sunset%20FB%20version-1_zpsdrij2hag.jpg

Front%20with%20Falken%20tire-1_zpslpbsjjjx.jpg

passenger%20side%20reflection-1_zpshxharcj1.jpg

Adventure%20Driven%20front%20zombies-1-2_zps6bfv8doe.jpg

Lexy%20back%20view%20cinders-1_zpsyatkza76.jpg

hood%20wax-1_zpsynutc72h.jpg

Adventure%20Driven%20Lexy%20back%20trash%20a%20roo-1_zps8nq7vivh.jpg

passenger%20side%20reflection-1_zps7fpepbxr.jpg

Adventure%20Driven%2023%20Zero%20tent%20through%20trees-1_zpsoxtfcepz.jpg

Adventure%20Driven%2023%20Zero%20tent%20magic%20hour-1-2_zpsx2ot66dj.jpg

Adventure%20Driven%2023%20Zero%20anex%20latter%202-1-2_zpscdck1cp7.jpg

passenger%20side-1_zpskaksftxf.jpg

Adventure%20Driven%20rear%20driver-1_zps1t9m5ugl.jpg

Adventure%20Driven%203-4%20front%20kc%20hilites%20sunset-1_zpsxqpxegnt.jpg

Adventure%20Driven%20Lexy%20goose%20gear%20drawers%20on%20edge-1_zpskvx61ndj.jpg

Adventure%20Driven%2023%20Zero%20anex%20latter%202-1_zpswgnoxkyl.jpg

fuel%20cap-1_zpshoicpkmb.jpg

Adventure%20Driven%2023%20zero%20tent%20awning%20back%20shot-1_zpsvtkbsbw5.jpg

Adventure%20Driven%20Lexy%2023%20zero%20stome%20henge-1_zpsv3jslg7w.jpg

Adventure%20Driven%2023%20Zero%20inside-1_zpsicaa6bmt.jpg

lexy%20roof-1_zpsruzdpcmv.jpg

Lexy%20snorkel%20view%20cinders-1_zps4kw2j9vl.jpg

tow%20hook-1_zpsjsr7gfra.jpg

paint%20on%20hood-1_zpsp2z8ufyf.jpg

Last edited:

paachi

What's the total kerb weight as it stands? Also did you do any mods to increase range for overlanding other than the 5 gallon jerry can?

I have been seeing all the videos in your channel. I am genuinely blown away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sethro80

Adventurer
What's the total kerb weight as it stands? Also did you do any mods to increase range for overlanding other than the 5 gallon jerry can?

I have been seeing all the videos in your channel. I am genuinely blown away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure of the weight, will have to go weigh it,

The stock 23 gallons gets us most places with ease, combined with the 5 on the tail we have had no issues with fuel.

Thanks for watching our videos :)

fullybalanced

Too many plans, not enough time
I guess the real question is here.... how did you get 17" tires on 18" wheels?... let me guess, that was the "trick" and I win the truck! Kinda a truck or treat?

sethro80

Adventurer
I guess the real question is here.... how did you get 17" tires on 18" wheels?... let me guess, that was the "trick" and I win the truck! Kinda a truck or treat?

HA, good catch, that was a typo, need to fix that, thank you for letting me know :) Wish I had a treat for you :)

Seth

wgchristman

"no trades, no BS, check with your wife or husband before you try to make a deal, yea we have heard it all.

I am not asking for anyones appraisal, since non of you have inspected Lexy currently it would be hard to make a accurate appraisal, take any negative remarks elsewhere as they are not welcome here, now for those looking for a turn key, no expense spared, meticulously cared for, ready to travel anywhere in the world Overland vehicle continue reading as this may be the truck for you"

Just a tip....if your selling a depreciating asset, don't tell everyone your going to be difficult to deals with. Your product and situation are just as unique as is the rest of the individuals selling their depreciating assets. Just a tip

bajarat

Explorer
^^^^^^^ Just a tip,

If you're going to make your second post on ExPo a critique of someone's for sale ad, you might want want to familiarize yourself with etiquette regarding posting negative comments on items for sale by other members. Common courtesy is: If you don't have anything positive to say about a member's for sale ad, then don't post anything.

You might also want to give your 4th. grade English teacher a call for a tutoring session to learn the proper use of your and you're.

Congrats again on your second post on ExPo....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles