Adventure Brick

Tifun

A little over a month ago I started building a “squaredrop” camper that would work for my family of 4. It started off as a harbor freight trailer which had a lot of strengthening and upgrades like the 3500lbs axle. The box measures 5wx8lx4h which is stick built and sheeted in ACP. There’s still quite a bit of work but it’s really come together.

Pics!

IMG_6508.jpg
IMG_7290.jpg
IMG_7298.jpg
IMG_7316.jpg
IMG_7305.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tifun

MoreAdjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
fdfc10a4b2af84a64cb29f1fee897b30.jpg

Tifun

Nice looking.
What is that sheeting you put over the wood exterior??

It’s (ACP) aluminum composite paneling. The run around $50-$80 a sheet depending on color and size. It’s 2 thin pieces of painted aluminum with a a layer of poly in between. It has some flexibility and is really easy to work with. You can rip it on a table saw with a standard blade. You can get it at most local sign shop or see if they’ll give you their supplier which is most likely local.

Tifun

I like that sign panel material; didn't even know it existed.

What are you using for corner trim?

Right now it’s literally flexsealed lol. I need to just pick up some material from the local metal yard. I haven’t officially decided on material, it’ll depend on cost. Probably something extruded though so I can have that sharp inside corner.

Tifun

Finished the last section of bench an are now in process of making the memory foam sacks for the girls. I still need to figure out the little door on the bench to access to porta potty dump. I was thinking magnets as a possibility. Open to any ideas for something that would stay in transit. Can’t be hinged because our bed will cover half of it when laid out. IMG_7798.jpg
IMG_7795.jpg

Tifun

Planning to do a high desert run this weekend with 2wd capable fire roads as our test run. I still need to figure out which hitch to go with.

CD9C5369-7F05-4984-86F8-33A3163B6A12.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior