Additional interior heater for Pajero / Montero NP

mpzajac

Hey guys!

I want to install an additional air heater for my 2006 Pajero NP. I though about Eberspracher Airtronic 2KW or sth similar. Does anybody have any experience with installing such stuff? I though I could put the heater under the plastics around rear wheels (from the internal side of course), but I am not sure it would fit there.

Do you have any thoughts, experience, advice regarding this?

I need the heater to be able to sleep in the car in winter (I planned to go to see northern lights in the very north end of Finland, which is not a very warm place :D.), so my very essential requirement is a heater which is able to work all night and does not use a lot of power.

Best
Michal

KyleT

Explorer
I’ve seen electric heaters that keep the coolant warm. You could find one and use the factory rear heater core and blower fan. I’d imagine it would be relatively easy to plumb in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpzajac

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I don't think an electric heater is a thing to go -- too much battery drain.

KyleT

Explorer
Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I don't think an electric heater is a thing to go -- too much battery drain.

Well a fuel heater isn’t a good idea in an enclosed space like a vehicle IMO. You may look into RV type heaters that the fumes are vented to the outside.

Or Webasto makes a Fuel powered water heater for the coolant. I think the diesel Discovery 2’s had them at one point too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles