Additional Camping power

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sunny: Some additions to my solar camping system--

--I've added a Battery condition meter, to monitor the Batt.

-
IMGP0641b.jpg

--And ANOTHER solar panel to trickle chg, while driving-

--

--As I've stated before, I use a Koolatron cooler, because I only camp in the high sierras and I don't need the SUPER, operation of the ENGLE (6 times the cost) and to control the constant current draw of the Koola, I've integrated the APO3 Auto power off Sw., it shuts off the load (cooler,lighs-etc) when the Battery voltage drops to 12.7 volts (15 min delay) and allows only the charger ckt,that lets me use lighting, cooler and radio, without worrying about the trailer battery--

--Don't get me wrong, the Koolatron is a PITA/POS, but My setup works very well and the battery I use in my trailer, is a direct drop in replacement for my Xterra, should its mattery DIE-in the boondocks (I've said this before)-

--

--Anyway, it still keeps my trailer tongue weight at 100 lbs, so I'll be trying out my new Lock & Roll hitch setup (also) in exactly two more weeks to about 6800 ft in the Sierras--

--I've tested this system over last week, using my main solar panel and cooler and it works flawlessly, so soon I'll try it HIGH !!(not me)

-- :tent: --JIMBO

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:26_7_2: The APO3-Bare (bare wires) was designed for Battery security when using radio and communication systems, but will handle any DC, load up to 30 amps--

--I think this was ref'd on this forum some time ago, but I found this Co. surfing the WEB--

--Go to www.powerwerz.com and you will find a number of different application switchs, this one, I figured would DO the job (and it does)--

--This SW. is SKU # APO3-Bare $59.95 , but you may want a different switch--

--:camping: --JIMBO

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sunny: Sorry, here's a couple of pics of that SW, with "battery" side direct to Battery and "load" side to a triple pwr outlet plug !!

--

--

--Actually, not direct to Battery (like the solar), the SW. is using a DC plug for connection--

--:REOutIceFishing: --JIMBO

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Thanks for the information!!

Power Werx with an "X"

www.powerwerx.com

JIMBO said:
:26_7_2: The APO3-Bare (bare wires) was designed for Battery security when using radio and communication systems, but will handle any DC, load up to 30 amps--

--I think this was ref'd on this forum some time ago, but I found this Co. surfing the WEB--

--Go to www.powerwerz.com and you will find a number of different application switchs, this one, I figured would DO the job (and it does)--

--This SW. is SKU # APO3-Bare $59.95 , but you may want a different switch--

--:camping: --JIMBO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles