Adding Lights

UNI

Adventurer
I have a JK Jeep Wrangler, I want to add two Hella Rallye 4000 lamps (H1 Bulbs) to the front of the Jeep. I am also adding two 55 watt tractor lights to the sides of the Jeep rack. I now have a standard equipment, mopar battery & alternator.

Will I need to make any changes to the battery or alternator?

Do you think I can get by with just changing out the battery to a deep cell Optima?

Thanks in advance for your imput.

Alan

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: hey ol buddy, I've got lights all over my JK and aftermkt headlights, although they're H13 Luminics (JDM yellow)

If you don't plan on running your lights ALL NIGHT, your stock JK battery and alt. are OK

DON'T trade your stock battery for an OPTIMA GEL--you're OK with your ISSUE battery

PICT0240.jpg

I use the rear (rack) lights for any thing I need in the Tentrax and I have lights insid the "T" for rumbling around inside

Just be careful if you try to use any of the existing JK wiring, try to go with aftermkt sw's and use relays to carry the load

Good luck

:wings::costumed-smiley-007 JIMBO

computeruser

Explorer
Do the math - you should be well within your excess alternator capacity with all those lights running. They're giving folks >100amp alternators from the factory these days, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles