Adding Cruise Control to a Chev/GMC Van

Scotty D

My van is the 2009 cargo. Its AWD and has power locks and window but does not even support a key fob.
Would I have to get a whole new steering column to get cruise control?

I don't know if you van is ride by wire or not. For my 2006 which isn't, all I had to do was add the servo unit behind the steering fluid container , and cable to the throttle body.
here is what I bought for that - https://www.ebay.com/itm/03-07-GMC-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

and then I had to switch the steering column switch (wiper, blinkers, lights, etc..) to one with the cruise control
Here is what I bought for that

Then id didn't work, not sure why... I pulled fuses to check them out they were all fine. I went on a longer test drive and it all started to work after a few miles.

I didn't have to reprogram anything I suspect I needed a longer drive maybe for the computer to adjust to the new system or something I just don't know.
But it has been working flawlessly now.

Keep in mind my 2006 was pre-wired for the cruise - I had a plug dangling behind the steering fluid reservoir and I had the 4 pin connector in the steering column.

If you have a ride by wire van, it could be even easier, maybe all you need is the steering column switch similar to the silverado.
check this out -

jamesm113

@TeleSteve Would you remember what had to be flashed? The PCM, BCM, or ECU?

Upgraded the steering wheel on my 2013 Express and my dealer is saying they don't know what to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94