Action Packers

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
I need a 35 gallon Rubbermaid Action-Packer or something with similar dimensions. Where is the cheapest place to purchase these? A google search came back with Amazon.com as the cheapest at about 68 bucks. This is going to be my truckbed toolbox for when I have the canopy on. Anybody know of maybe another brand to look for? What are you using?

cjmitchell5

Adventurer
Check out Contico Tuff Bin containers. The prices are comparable to Action Packers. I got one as Class IX before a trip and that thing was bulletproof.

Last edited:

toy_tek

Adventurer
Sportsman Warehouse has them.

I'd consider something a little more heavy duty for tools though. My AP works well for camping stuff, but I don't think it would hold up long for anything much heavier than that.

Odd you didn't find anything - I saw some boxes at Lowes/HD that would seem to work better as a toolbox.

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
111db said:
Sportsman Warehouse has them.

I'd consider something a little more heavy duty for tools though. My AP works well for camping stuff, but I don't think it would hold up long for anything much heavier than that.

Odd you didn't find anything - I saw some boxes at Lowes/HD that would seem to work better as a toolbox.

Yea, I thought Lowes would have something suitable... nope, only containers they had were Rubbermaid's clothing storage containers. They were even wimpier than the Action Packers. I'm thinking about getting this Contico Toolbox special ordered through Lowes website... what do ya think? Anyone using this one?

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=91573-000000230-3725&lpage=none

paulj

Expedition Leader
Some years ago I found at Lowes a Rubbermaid Brute storage container. Similar in size to the consumer totes, but much sturdier, with a lid that clips on snugly. I only bought one, and I haven't seen them there since. Unfortunately I've only found these online at commercial supply houses, in boxes of 6 (for about $200).

9S31_web_jpg.jpg

http://www.rubbermaidcommercialproducts.com/c25/c27/9S31-Brute-Rubbermaid-Storage-Totes-with-Lids-6-containers-per-box-p29.html

Last edited:

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
paulj said:
Some years ago I found at Lowes a Rubbermaid Brute storage container. Similar in size to the consumer totes, but much sturdier, with a lid that clips on snugly. I only bought one, and I haven't seen them there since. Unfortunately I've only found these online at commercial supply houses, in boxes of 6 (for about $200).

9S31_web_jpg.jpg

http://www.rubbermaidcommercialproducts.com/c25/c27/9S31-Brute-Rubbermaid-Storage-Totes-with-Lids-6-containers-per-box-p29.html
Super. That would be nice... except I cant find a place for five more...

Hey, anybody wanna buy 5 storage containers? haha...

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Just saw this thread. Here in Denver, the Sportman's Warehouse in Aurora (Mississippi and I-225) has all the Action Packers. I've seen then occasionally at Gander Mt, south near I-225 and Illiff, but they usually just have the little ones. Sportsman's Warehouse is your best bet IMHO. The Englewood Army Surplus store also has a few, but not many.

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
DaveInDenver said:
Just saw this thread. Here in Denver, the Sportman's Warehouse in Aurora (Mississippi and I-225) has all the Action Packers. I've seen then occasionally at Gander Mt, south near I-225 and Illiff, but they usually just have the little ones. Sportsman's Warehouse is your best bet IMHO. The Englewood Army Surplus store also has a few, but not many.

Thanks! I live in Aurora

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles