Acer netbook

PhulesAU

Explorer
If you have a Acer Aspire one net book, and suffer the black screen of death. the simple fix, is to reinstall the BIOS by USB port. takes 3 minutes.

nbleak21

Adventurer
If you have a Acer Aspire one net book, and suffer the black screen of death. the simple fix, is to reinstall the BIOS by USB port. takes 3 minutes.

No BSOD here, but I've definitely got a growling fan... I bought an AspireOne as a disposable computer for the sandbox, and it's getting used and abused for sure. Originally set to return stateside sometime next month, It's held out pretty well, but now that I've just extended my tour til Dec/Jan... I don't think it's gonna make it!

PhulesAU

Explorer
Both the So and I bought at same time. her's went to sleep and never woke up. Mine followed a week later, her's turned out to be a failure in the board. if it is the BIOS, power button will light but not boot. Do Not use compressed air to clean the fan. that's what I did to mine and then It wouldn't boot. Thanks for covering our ***'s over there. Come home safe.

crusader

Adventurer
Hmm...The only 2 times I've had to pull the battery to get the thing to shut down is when it locks up due to the DeLorme Topo US 8.0 trying to track via GPS. Locks up every time, some times sooner than other times, some occurences more fatal than others, but that's for another post (which I'm researching now)...

PhulesAU

Explorer
Hmm...The only 2 times I've had to pull the battery to get the thing to shut down is when it locks up due to the DeLorme Topo US 8.0 trying to track via GPS. Locks up every time, some times sooner than other times, some occurences more fatal than others, but that's for another post (which I'm researching now)...

I can shut anything off:Wow1: It's the restart I have issues with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz