ACELA 6X6 WITH SLRV EXPEDITION BOX NEW BUILD

poohbearusvi

Where are you planning to travel? May determine the best option for a diesel generato?
Originally we were going to drive our unit around Australia for a few months before shipping back to the US but those plans are dead now. So, it's going to be shipped back here and we will travel in North America for a year. We've camped in a Defender with RTT in Africa about 10 years ago (Namibia, Botswana) and would like to go back there and continue on towards Tanzania. After that, who knows. Only have so many good years left. Gotta cram them in. Ideally, the generator will output both 120V and 240V. In order to fast charge the ZERO bike, we need 30amps at 240V. A full charge can be had in under 3 hours.

Alloy

I wonder how many times they tried to get in from the other side. This is the first North American version.
Wonder if they considerd running down the line backwards.

I've always been impressed with the soundproofing on the Fisher-Panda generators. They may only make diesel for marine applications though.

What about a diesel vs electric bike?

poohbearusvi

Wonder if they considerd running down the line backwards.

I've always been impressed with the soundproofing on the Fisher-Panda generators. They may only make diesel for marine applications though.

What about a diesel vs electric bike?
I’m letting SLRV do the initial research for the diesel generator. Didn’t know they made diesel bikes until I Googled them. An electric bike makes no sound and that’s the appeal.

Alloy

Was looking at the pictures on a PC today and noticed the flange on the window cutouts. Will the cutout be sealed at the bottom to prevent moisture (condensation) from entering the panels?

Nice to see the mechanical/electrical is being done to a plan vs running wires piecs meal.

Hope they get something to protect the floor.

poohbearusvi

Was looking at the pictures on a PC today and noticed the flange on the window cutouts. Will the cutout be sealed at the bottom to prevent moisture (condensation) from entering the panels?

Nice to see the mechanical/electrical is being done to a plan vs running wires piecs meal.

Hope they get something to protect the floor.
I'm attaching a brochure from KCT, the window manufacturer that is supplying our windows. I found it very interesting but, as you can imagine, I find everything about the building of my dream expedition vehicle interesting. In it you'll see the recommended method of installation and waterproofing. SLRV have built over 200 units so I'm betting they will follow the directions. KCT also are the window supplier to GXV. As for the electrical, yes, I'm happy each and every electrical item has it's own conduit. Having been involved in boat construction in Taiwan, I can tell you it makes problem solving in the future so much easier. Yeah, I noticed the floor. Don't know if they have a clear protective film on it. When we were at the factory and saw the finished units, the floors looks perfect so I guess they are taking care of it.

Attachments

• KCT windows.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 41

Alloy

I don't trust caulking to make a durable seal. If it was mine I'd seal the foam around the openings.

poohbearusvi

I was in the factory last week placing an order and saw your truck being built. Awesome!
Thanks! With COVID there’s no way for me to visit and watch the progress. I have to be satisfied with weekly photo updates. What unit did you order?

clydeps

What unit did you order?
An Adventurer - Isuzu NPS chassis. We really liked the layout with the electric bed, and couldn't see any point in going bigger just for 2 of us. It will be a big step up from our current slide-on/Amarok ute but only a metre longer so will still get into places the bigger trucks can't (like supermarket carparks - not very RV-friendly in Oz.)

poohbearusvi

An Adventurer - Isuzu NPS chassis. We really liked the layout with the electric bed, and couldn't see any point in going bigger just for 2 of us. It will be a big step up from our current slide-on/Amarok ute but only a metre longer so will still get into places the bigger trucks can't (like supermarket carparks - not very RV-friendly in Oz.)
Congrats on your new rig! We initially looked at the Adventurer. It’s the perfect size. Ours grew an additional 1.5 meters partly because this will be our home 7 months of the year. Say hi to Warwick next time you’re in. He’s a terrific guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles