ACELA 6X6 WITH SLRV EXPEDITION BOX NEW BUILD

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Good sized box!
Please allow me a couple questions:
-How do they compensate for the expansion of the aluminum to the Fiberglass? I can't see any clearances between the components.
-The awning box will be cladded with insulation on the inside? right?
-It's hard to see in the pictures, are there radiuses in the corners of the cut outs? Sharp 90 degree cuts will most likely create stress cracks over time.

Note: In all honesty, I'm just curious. Not critical or picking other companies products apart...

Alloy

Might consider adding another pipe to the rack over the cab to assist branches sliding over the roof of the box.

A rail fitting like this would allow it to swing out of the way

1596912603492.png

tonydca

Beautiful looking rig! I too am grateful you're taking the time to share your progress and build information. As others have said - that's a very well-thought-out rig, and as a member of the 50+ crew myself, I too find myself shamelessly yearning for more creature comforts as I get older, even if it means a bigger platform.

Curious about a very early comment you made in this thread about not being able to import a MAN chassis - is this an age-related (25-year) issue and you were looking for a newer chassis?

I have to admit that they came up on my radar as well, but in addition to older-only restrictions, I was kind of concerned about knowledgeable service locations plus spares being made out of Unobtanium over here in North America.

Especially for the MAN KAT1 variants... :p