ACELA 6X6 WITH SLRV EXPEDITION BOX NEW BUILD

I was trying to make multipoint U turn on gravel road in western Ukraine in June 2016, trying to find campground. Backed off ~35 degree berm. Daughter had no worries, son-in-law got pretty upset. She told him: “ first Dad will put it in low range [5.76:1], then lock differentials. Then if needed deflate tires with CTIS. If he has to will use front winch {on nearby tree}.” I deflated tires but winch wasn’t needed. Son-in-law was ok. Hopefully they will inherit truck (one other candidate).

Alloy

Both sides will get three red/amber reflector lights. In the rear, in addition to the standard tail lights are two lights at the top of the box. There are also a row of amber lights on the cab. I think this will be sufficient.

I use to think the same until a buddy put some on his trailer. The 3M Tape is 100x better than plastic reflectors.

waveslider

Outdoorsman
Thanks for posting Alloy. That was a telling video. I think I'm going to get another roll and look for more places to put it on our trailers.

Alloy

I was trying to estimate how well my rig will perform in sand. My rig will weight approximately 31,000 lbs fully loaded. I looked up the footprint of my tires on sand and the chart read 220 square inches each. Times 6 tires equals 1320 square inch footprint. (That’s at highway tire pressure, not aired down.) Divide by the weight and we get 23.5 pounds per square inch. As a comparison, I looked up another chart and got these numbers for comparison.
Human on snowshoes: 0.5 psi
M1 Abrams tank: 15 psi
Adult horse: 25 psi
Passenger car: 30 psi
Adult elephant: 35 psi
Road racing bicycle: 90 psi
Stiletto heels: 471 psi
So, based on pure numbers, it should “float” reasonably well. Won’t know the ‘real world’ experience until later.

So that's why it hurts so much when the DW stands on me with her stiletto heels.

poohbearusvi

Our rig was supposed to be on the April 2nd RORO ship to Seattle but we got bumped!!!! Very frustrating. I've asked our shipping agent to get something in writing that this won't happen a second time for the next sailing on April 26. I was tempted to buy a lottery ticket and if I won, I'd send it back on a 747 cargo airplane. I think that would have been money wisely spent. The upside is SLRV have some extra time to go over everything before it ships.

poohbearusvi

Finally! The rig is complete and waiting for the next ship.

Here is the link to the virtual tour of our new Acela/SLRV rig. Just click on any circle on the ground and it will take you there. You can then click and hold to move around to see 360 degrees from any of those spots. You’ll be able to “walk around” the entire exterior, get inside the driver and passenger side and see the view while driving, then “walk around” every part of the interior. It even has a tool to take any measurements inside if you want to find out the length of a counter or such. Just press the + button at the bottom of the screen and then stretch the tape measure to where you want.

https://skycamuav.com.au/slrv-usa-6.8

Take a guess how many times I’ll be watching this as I wait for it to “come home”? SLRV will also be doing a short video for us out in the real world. I’ll be looking forward to that one as well.

Blowby

Finally! The rig is complete and waiting for the next ship.

Here is the link to the virtual tour of our new Acela/SLRV rig. Just click on any circle on the ground and it will take you there. You can then click and hold to move around to see 360 degrees from any of those spots. You’ll be able to “walk around” the entire exterior, get inside the driver and passenger side and see the view while driving, then “walk around” every part of the interior. It even has a tool to take any measurements inside if you want to find out the length of a counter or such. Just press the + button at the bottom of the screen and then stretch the tape measure to where you want.

https://skycamuav.com.au/slrv-usa-6.8

Take a guess how many times I’ll be watching this as I wait for it to “come home”? SLRV will also be doing a short video for us out in the real world. I’ll be looking forward to that one as well.
Wow!That is an amazing vehicle.
Great way to take a look around and get a feel for how it is setup.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
It looks outstand! That is some Pure Friggin' Magic to be able to do the walkaround and walkthrough.
I'm glad that your ship's route is NOT via the Suez Canal ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior