Accuride 9308 Locking Slide "Unlocking" Mod

exp for

Hello. Does anybody know if there is some sort of modification that can be done to the Accuride 9308 so that it remains unlocked in a free sliding configuration? Is it possible to modify it to hold it unlocked with a small screw, wedge, safety wire, zip tie, etc.?

Has anybody done this or have one they could look at? I do not have one to examine myself to see if its possible.

I am working on storage in my van and need slides. I do not want to have to unlock two slides to open my drawer. My original plan was to buy a locking 9308 for one side and a non locking 9301 for the other, but I found a vendor who is selling left and right combined sets of the 9308s. If I got these I would like to disable the locking mechanism on one side.

Thank you for your help.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Yes, the lock is just a little pivoting triangle that falls under gravity. It could probably be glued in the up position or installed upside down and it would not work.

You could also drill out its pivot and remove it.

Or... I bought a set of each and sold the other pair to someone else that wanted one locking and 1 non.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Or... I bought a set of each and sold the other pair to someone else that wanted one locking and 1 non.

I would go with this option. Would be cheap and involve no jury-rigging. The non-locking slides are very reasonably priced.

Then, you could post the opposite set on here and probably get at least 1/2 your money back.

exp for

Thank you for the response with the insight into modifying the slide. Also, thanks for the suggestions on reselling the spares.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
No problem. My spares sold within 1 week of posting on craigslist for 1/2 of my purchase price plus a bit. Initially I didn’t think the Acuride lock would hold up, but it is about 4 years in, carrying about 175 lbs, and some relatively rough trails, and it still seems to work well with just 1 side locking.

Sand1235

Hello. Does anybody know if there is some sort of modification that can be done to the Accuride 9308 so that it remains unlocked in a free sliding configuration? Is it possible to modify it to hold it unlocked with a small screw, wedge, safety wire, zip tie, etc.?

Has anybody done this or have one they could look at? I do not have one to examine myself to see if its possible.

I am working on storage in my van and need slides. I do not want to have to unlock two slides to open my drawer. My original plan was to buy a locking 9308 for one side and a non locking 9301 for the other, but I found a vendor who is selling left and right combined sets of the 9308s. If I got these I would like to disable the locking mechanism on one side.

Thank you for your help.

I ordered the Accuride special part number. It comes with 1 locking slide and 1 non locking slide in a package. I used 3- 28" left locking pairs and 1- 26" right locking pair for a drawer set I did for someone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles