AC compressor and blower motor not working after heater core replacement

Cosmos99

Just finished up the heater core on my 98 and even put in a new oem AC control unit along with a blower motor. When turning on fan nothing happens. I have triple checked all connections and don't think I missed anything. Also the AC compressor doesn't kick in when turned on. Any suggestions? Checking fuses on my lunch break tomorrow.

Cosmos99

Do you have the FSM? It explains the system in detail.

Yep. I went through the FSM already. Was hoping someone would have some insight. Unless its a fuse or relay, I had to miss something. Everything worked perfect until replacing the AC control unit and switch. I even installed the original one which was working and nothing changed.

PacS14

Adventurer
If you are sure you plugged everything, check the connecting tabs, you might have bent one or two when installing the new parts. Also check the AC relay in the engine bay, when you pull it out if you see discoloration on the connections then it's burnt and there is a short somewhere, you can check my build thread to see what I mean, be prepared to chase a short if none of this pans out, but sounds like you probably left something unplugged.

Cosmos99

If you are sure you plugged everything, check the connecting tabs, you might have bent one or two when installing the new parts. Also check the AC relay in the engine bay, when you pull it out if you see discoloration on the connections then it's burnt and there is a short somewhere, you can check my build thread to see what I mean, be prepared to chase a short if none of this pans out, but sounds like you probably left something unplugged.
I need to check the connections again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz