ABS in an 1120

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
Hey again, one of the things I have been trying to work out is the ABS system on our truck. There is a red light on the dash for the ABS system and a rocker switch, which I assume is to turn it off and on. When I turn it on a second yellow light lights. Would anyone have ideas as if this is normal (which since the light is red I guess not) and if not what steps I could do to try and track down the issue?

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
I don't have the red light, but would love to know the switch positions. Is the ABS normally on, which I would suspect, or is it only on when the switch is engaged and the yellow light is on?

Ullie

Adventurer
We have that switch to on our vario. It is to shut down the ABS in snow for exemple or when you drive off-road.
The ABS light in the dash starts glowing when the switch is engaged and the ABS is not working.
The red light is for indicating something is wrong with the system. For example a rotation detector on your wheel is broken. Wich we've had once in the drum brakes, and they are very expensive. :-(

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
OK, thanks for how it should work. Just started to look at the EPC and see that the system is part air, part electric. I was just at the front drivers side ABS air bit that is mounted on the chassis and noticed an air leak. Also see that the Sweden/Norway version has a different system. Tracking down and fixing air leaks is next on my fix list. I am hoping this will resolve the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles