About Touring

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Do you know what the first year for the GTO was? Most people, even most car enthusiasts, do not know...
We had that discussion already in another thread, lol. I said it depended on if you were referring to the Pontiac or the Ferrari. I do know both.

But, how do you know I just didn't google the answers?

billiebob

Last edited:

clarence2

Thanks.

Pretty interesting:

Built on an all new completely undercoated torque tube chassis instead of traditional C channel rails. The NewAire benefits from an extremely lower ride height, thereby lowering the center of gravity and rewarding the driver with superb handling. The ride height is only 13" and actually lowers itself from there.

The next NewAire innovation: Independent 6-wheel air suspension complete with 6-wheel anti-lock brakes.

This coach was more expensive then Newmars own 45' class leading Essex model.

Wish they made something similar today.

But understand why they wouldn't:

The Newaire model of RV that the owner of Newmar hoped would revolutionize the industry, ended up costing over $200,000 new and only a few were ever sold. ...

The cost of developing the Newaire model RV nearly bankrupt the Newmar company and it is reportedly still cursed by both the management and employees of the company.

Overdrive

Adventurer
That Newaire reminds me of the Vixen motorhomes. Built for 3 or 4 years, '86 to '89. BMW diesel engine and manual transaxle. I wanted one so bad when they were new but could not afford it; still have the brochure I sent away for, though.

Vixen.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94