About to sell a 1992 Toyota 4x4 Long Bed 22RE - 125k miles

DVexile

Adventurer
EDIT
TRUCK IS ALREADY PENDING SALE
EDIT

I'm changing trucks so all my family members will all have a place to sit :)

I'll be selling a 1992 Toyota 4x4 "Deluxe Cab" (that means "Regular Cab" actually, a single bench seat) with the long bed. That's a *seven* foot bed. Engine is the 4 cyl 22RE.

Normally I wouldn't waste a forum's time and would just craigslist it immediately, but these long beds are pretty rare things and so I figured I'd post here first as it might be of interest to someone for an expo build of some form. Having a seven foot bed on a compact truck opens up a lot of possibilities. As I understand they were only available for a few model years and there weren't that many made.

It is essentially stock, in good cosmetic condition and excellent mechanical condition with just 125K miles on it. Timing chain already replaced along with a lot of other preventative maintenance done recently. Almost new BFG KOs on it too.

Located in Vegas at the moment, titled in AZ and I plan to sell it in the Tucson area the week of March 23rd on Craigslist unless someone in the general NV, AZ, CA area wants to express an interest before then.

PM me if you are interested for more details. Otherwise wish me luck with the Tucson craigslist crowd!

Oh - and if a mod feels this announcement violates forum rules in some way please go ahead and delete it.

EDIT: Alright, so a few people were definitely interested. Got a few PMs almost immediately, the first one in is already committed to purchasing. And apologies, I honestly didn't even know there was a For Sale section which would probably have been the more intelligent place to put this!

Last edited:

surlydiesel

Adventurer
Post it up in the for sale section with photos and a price. As long as you are priced reasonably, I would assume you would sell it to a member in no time.

-jorge

DVexile

Adventurer
Post it up in the for sale section with photos and a price. As long as you are priced reasonably, I would assume you would sell it to a member in no time.

-jorge

You know, I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't even know there was a for sale section until you posted this! I hadn't ever scrolled down the forum list that far.

Anyway, the truck is already sold! (Well, pending sale - it will be a few weeks until the transaction happens).

DVexile

Adventurer
I'm not sure I've ever actually seen one of those. Let's see some pics!

I've actually only got one photo from a recent camping trip. So I can't show the interior - which looks like pretty much any other interior of that generation.

But here's the truck in a camp site (as mentioned already SOLD):

Truck.jpg

huntsonora

Explorer
Flight is booked and I am flying to Tucson to pick this truck up in a couple of weeks. The owner has been great to deal with and I look forward to meeting him.

A good friend of mine had been bugging me about selling him my little red truck and I wouldn't do it. I showed him this truck and he said "buy it" so its a done deal. This truck will be used but be well taken care of and I start a thread to keep you guys updated with a build thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior