Abenteuer Allrad show 2015

Gren_T

Adventurer
Hi chaps just a few thoughts & photos from the Allrad show, apologies for poor quality photos as I left the charge lead for the Nikon at home, but managed take every other kind of usb lead available.:(

A couple of gripes 1st, the show itself was excellent well organized and lots of variety as has been the case in previous years, however the campsite is another matter.

We arrived 11:30am on Wednesday before the show and set up in our usual spot - regulars to the show try to get the same spots as people you met in previous years know where each other are, the organizers had said there would be no admittance to the camp site before 12:00 however as in previous visits we found a number of people had set up and roped off large areas for friends yet to arrive, and although I've reserved spaces for latecomers myself I think roping off an area for 10 or more is unfair.
Over a beer with other campers we found out people had arrived on the Monday roped off an area and then left, towels on the sunbeds on a grand scale indeed.

By Wednesday evening the campsite was busy with a great vibe but due to the roped off areas there was no layout to the site, by Thursday the site was rammed, nowhere to set up at all apart from the roped off islands of calm, campsites 10miles away were also full.
This led to a huge nose to tail campsite with no thought or direction to the traffic at all, now I'm not the most organized or safety conscious person but even I could see the danger of a fire or serious accident & there would be no way emergency services could get anywhere apart from the periphery of any of the 5 or so campgrounds.

This is an accident waiting to happen especially with the number of BBQ's & firepits on the go with burning embers left after people had gone to bed, I got up for a leak at 4am on the Friday and saw one apparently unattended firepit with glowing embers left in them, the weather had been great and the grass dry fortunately there was no wind to blow the embers about.
The toilets & showers however were clean and regularly serviced, a big pat on the back for the bog crews...

In contrast to this was Tom Mc's Overland show last sept in the UK. the campsite was well organized and everyone had as much space as they wanted, Tom if your reading this offer your services..please.

gipes aside on the the campsite pics.
Our T5 with the eyes::smiley_drive:
Allrad 2015 002.jpg

Allrad 2015 017.jpg
Allrad 2015 054.jpg

Last edited:

LocoCoyote

World Citizen
I have always found the camping area to be one of the highlights of the show. At the show itself you see a lot of fresh builds with great ideas..at the camp grounds you see builds that are in use and have seen the road.... the real deal as it were. Unfortunately time didn't allow me to visit this year....a shame to be sure.

I am of split minds when it comes to roping off camp sites for friends, etc. I tend toward first come, first serve but can certainly understand planning ahead and coordinating with dispersed friends and colleges to set up in the same area. You would think there would be some kind of time limit or something.....though I suppose that would be hard to enforce.

The chaotic nature and the safety issues are a bit surprising. That is not German thinking at all!

anyway, thanks for the report....your pics turned out way better than mine!

:)

unkamonkey

Explorer
Around here we have the 4th of July parade, people start staking out viewing areas over a week ahead. I avoid the whole mess and sleep in. I know what horses smell like and know what a fire truck looks like and can't eat any of the candy tossed out. I may seem like a grumpy old man, but I am one. There an antique truck show up at the fairgrounds every year. Fun to see some of the 1916 trucks and some of the newer ones, from the 1950s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz