Abenteuer & Allrad (Adventure Wheel) 2013, Germany May/June 2013

Tom Mc

Abenteuer & Allrad (Adventure Wheel) 2013, Off road Exhibition Ground, 11 Chapel Street, 97688 Bad Kissingen, near Frankfurt, Germany.

A brilliant show, went there last year and I can highly recommended it. Apart from the actual showground, make sure you also visit the camping area (a couple of miles down the road) as it contains quite literally hundreds of expedition trucks and 4x4 campers - it's an amazing sight.

If it helps - I flew to Frankfurt Airport, hired a small car (approx. $120) and drove 100 miles to the venue; simple!!!

Dates are 30th May - 2nd June 2013, details can be found here - www.4x4calendar.co.uk A free resource listing mainly UK events, a fair few European events such as Abenteuer & Allrad are also listed.

I will be there again this May, so should you decide to attend, by all means contact me via a forum PM (Personal Message) and we can meet up for a beer!

Michele

Observer
It's a bit early but I'll be there again 99,99%*.
Always up for a beer :)

*Unless I miss the plane...

Gren_T

Adventurer
Hey chaps, I'll also be there again this year.
Michele you should have a stand with some of your prints I'd love a print of the pinkys you had on D-90 a few years ago.

If I fix the Engel I'll stand anyone from the portal a few cold beers in the campsite.:friday:
just look for the silver 90 with black ST on UK plates.

regards all
Gren

Michele

Observer
Hi Gren,

that's an idead I played with in a few occasions, don't know if it's doable at the Allrad as I won't have a stand.
But, there might be another way :) I'll find out.

Prints are available anytime from me anyway, and the pinkys as well of course.
A couple of links:
http://www.d-90.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35090

http://www.d-90.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18979

And my blog of course, where I post the latest (various) stuff
http://whitedogcomics.blogspot.it/
although it's not the easiest thing to navigate through, I'll use it until I'll be able to improve the website,
which I've never finished...
(sigh)

and looking forward to those cold beers...

Michele you should have a stand with some of your prints I'd love a print of the pinkys you had on D-90 a few years ago.

Gren

Groove222

Thank you for the reminder Tom. It will be nice to meet fellow ExPo members. I'm living in Frankfurt - it's just a couple of hours away. But I may still camp (and drink). White '12 Jeep GC with Wiesbaden plates (WI).

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Best 4wd show I have ever attended and absolutely something I want to return to again in the future.
Looking forward to a report from all of you that do make it this year.

Tom Mc

Hey chaps, I'll also be there again this year.

If I fix the Engel I'll stand anyone from the portal a few cold beers in the campsite.:friday:
just look for the silver 90 with black ST on UK plates.
:beer: ??? Cheers Gren_T, we'll be there ... like moths to a flame! :friday:

So, all booked up:-

Attending the HUBB event on Thursday 30th May for the day, stay overnight, then right next door next morning -

Depart East Midlands 06:35 Fri 31 May 2013 (no stops) – 1hr 45m BM1261
Arrive Frankfurt 09:20 31 May 2013 (no stops)
Collect hire car at airport: 10:00

Drop off hire car at airport: 09:00
Depart Frankfurt 15:20 Mon 03 June 2013 (no stops) – 1hr 40m BM1264
Arrive East Midlands 16:00 Mon 03 June 2013 (no stops)

Anybody wants to join me and go halves on the £60 car + estimated £50 fuel, then you're welcome. Return flight was £102 by the way. NOTE: Do not book flying to Harn Frankfurt, it's hours away to the west of Frankfurt and the Allrad show is to the east. Made that mistake last year, never again!

Last edited:

Gren_T

Adventurer
hey chaps, luckily there is a lidl 100m from the campsite with rather nice very cheap beer.. I'll be returning 200 empty plastic beer bottles for recycling that I bought last year, they have a machine that you feed with plastic bottles and it gives you a voucher that you can spend in store. great idea, it almost makes up for not drinking out of a glass bottle.

Tom the last time we had a beer it was Pi**ing down, diana P.o.W had just croaked in a tunnel in france and the campsite was under 50mm of water:snorkel:
ring any bells?

regards all

Gren

Tom Mc

Tom the last time we had a beer it was Pi**ing down, diana P.o.W had just croaked in a tunnel in france and the campsite was under 50mm of water:snorkel:
ring any bells?
"Weston Park International" 4x4 & Military Family Show, Weston Park, Shropshire in not-so-sunny England, 31st September 1997.

While a storm was brewing in that Parisian tunnel, a monsoon had passed over the Midlands and dumped a month's worth of rain down on us, so effectively ending the show by about 2pm! Remember it well, although it didn't stop us getting wet inside though! Do you remember a guy called Tuggy at that show? A mate of mine from Staffs & Shrops Land Rover Club, he was the Chief Marshal at the show and ran about most of the weekend in that wonderful Supacat 6x6 lent to me by that company in Stafford. Excellent shows although I say so myself, definitely great fun.

We'll certainly have another beer or three in Bad Kissingen, that you can count on! :wings:

Ursa Minor

Ursa Minor at Abenteuer und Allrad Show 2013

Just a note that one of our J30 Jeep JK pop-top campers will be on display at this years's show near/in the Woick booth (M24.) I was planning to be there but won't make it after all (due to a newborn son at the house...) but will head over for next year's show I hope...

Cheers,
John

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Very cool John that thing will be a hit over there...and look great in contrast to all the pop top toyotas :)

Someday I really need to get back to that show!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles