Abandoned/derelict sites

BigAl

Expedition Leader
Photo credit to cshontz. This is 60s era central PA walking dragline line used in stripmining. I got to met the guy that parked it here many years ago
5361164280_19cff9d9fc_z.jpg

Last edited:

gm13

Adventurer
Once I started viewing these crumbling structures as the closest thing we have to Mayan ruins I was a bit hooked.

CRW_1726copy.jpg

CRW_1471.jpg

img246.jpg

OK, I'll stop now.

Taco2go, that is an incredible shot, love it.

Last edited:

Bushmaster6

Adventurer
Forgive me for being so bold but... you need to point that camera is this direction more often. Well done Sir. :Wow1:

I find beauty in the old structures, but sometimes you have to add some beauty of your own:sombrero:

701039817_NCjMQ-L-1.jpg

Some abandon building on the Colorado border just outside Dinosaur National Monument

Wander

Expedition Leader
Great stuff! (and hubba hubba Pat!) I always find stuff like this when I don't have a camera or I don't have the time to stop and take pics. I was in Indianapolis a few months ago on the bus to the airport, I took the city route by mistake so I was stopping every few blocks on a road I forget. Along the way I spotted this ornate iron fence with brick pillars and could just see a campus of old building up on a hill well back in the property. I don't know what kind of place it was but it had the look of an old asylum or school. Cool and creepy all at once.

Wander

Expedition Leader
Wow that shot of the Dodge grill has taken the look of a fossilized rib cage from some dinosaur that has just been unearthed, very cool.

FlyJester

Adventurer
Wow that shot of the Dodge grill has taken the look of a fossilized rib cage from some dinosaur that has just been unearthed, very cool.

Thanks, here's another one....

DSC02482.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, where were these taken?

The top one(B/W) is a closeup of the old, abandoned half-track located out on the Hole in The Rock Trail.

DSC03657.jpg

The other ones are taken from different mining areas in the San Rafael Swell here in South Central Utah.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Thanks, here's another one....

DSC02482.jpg

The other ones are taken from different mining areas in the San Rafael Swell here in South Central Utah.

Amazing how everything has rusted ad aged except for the chrome part that says Dodge and Made in the USA! Almost like you sat out there and polished it for the photoshoot :elkgrin:

I noticed that abndoned mine area from the Swell. Ryan (Dr. Moab) and Steve (XJBanker) guided us out there for a memorable trip one weekend. Awesome area

Wander

Expedition Leader
Nice shots of the old Carnegie estate on Cumberland Is, Pat. Can you imagine having all that built but dying before it was finished? That had to stink!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles