Abandoned/derelict sites

dar395

Adventurer
I normally don't ask because finding is half the fun but where is that one?

This past summer was our first try at the old rail lines, this was a stop just off from Old M-61 running north close to Temple-Leota on gravel. It was a small town area of 7 buildings.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
For you Michiganders, check out my buddy Nail-hed's website. Its the bomb for UE and all other kinds of stuff. He does a lot of research about where he goes also. I keep telling him he needs to at least have some of it published! http://www.nailhed.com/

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
This past summer was our first try at the old rail lines, this was a stop just off from Old M-61 running north close to Temple-Leota on gravel. It was a small town area of 7 buildings.

I think I found it on Google Earth (I've about mastered finding abandonments on there!). I found a string of old structures to the south off of an E-W road. I may be going up that way to shoot some old cars in a junkyard not all that far from there within a couple weeks hopefully. Maybe I will swing through there.

Oh yea. My wife just happens to do land title research in Clare County. I am taking a ride with her this week to go check it out. She said we might be able to find out if there was a name for it too.

dar395

Adventurer
I think I found it on Google Earth (I've about mastered finding abandonments on there!). I found a string of old structures to the south off of an E-W road. I may be going up that way to shoot some old cars in a junkyard not all that far from there within a couple weeks hopefully. Maybe I will swing through there.

Oh yea. My wife just happens to do land title research in Clare County. I am taking a ride with her this week to go check it out. She said we might be able to find out if there was a name for it too.

Rattler:
Close to home treat if you've never been; as you pass thru Bay Port on M-25 just past Lefty's Drive in and pass the Back-top road you'll see a dead end road to the right it's a short dead end take it to the end (about a mile) I think you'll enjoy, take a walk around on me!

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Rattler:
Close to home treat if you've never been; as you pass thru Bay Port on M-25 just past Lefty's Drive in and pass the Back-top road you'll see a dead end road to the right it's a short dead end take it to the end (about a mile) I think you'll enjoy, take a walk around on me!

I was so shocked to see this the first time back there. Neat place though. I want to go back by the quarry my next trip out that way. They were blasting the day I was out there last fall.
10383777_10201089607962915_5078073309718747962_o.jpg

lucky7

Adventurer
Oh, no problem, and thanks. In my post above, the top image is from the old Packard plant, the 2nd is the old train station, and the third is from Fisher Body 21.

Packard plant.
3056537261_430237f85d_b.jpg

Train station, again.
2351740694_7ec67832a7_b.jpg

3457226449_9eb9b96a52_b.jpg

2182614436_ba7939e565_b.jpg

I'll have to add more when I get some time. I bartend, and it's St. Patricks day... Lol.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles