AA1PR’s Yukon Long Term Build & Adventure Videos 56K

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
The very reason I went with those. Size does matter.
I am 4.10 geared. Highway mileage was suffering. I needed some size to improve the final ratio.
Towing is great.
Not a fan of wider tires, not to mention that I do not have room for wider and the rubbing issues that those bring.

The list of 285/75-17 is VERY limited. I love the terra grapplers. The taller tire won me over.

bumper3.jpg

This is coming from Geolandars, Goodyear MTR, and BFG TAKO. I swore that there was nothing to compare to the performance of the BFG...I was wrong.

I had a chance to test many ,many tires in the fleet when I managed it. I have since move out of that position. Now just personal experience primarily :)

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Thanks & the rig looks sweet with those

back to the drawing board with more ideas....

arveetek

Adventurer
I love my K02's! I know you have the original version, but these new models with the more aggressive sidewalls are just awesome. I think they are nearly the perfect tire for our kind of use.

Casey

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
I love my K02's! I know you have the original version, but these new models with the more aggressive sidewalls are just awesome. I think they are nearly the perfect tire for our kind of use.

Casey

ah cool thanks

still thinking what kind, brand etc I want to get...too many choices LOL

TCICapn

Casey

I second that! My K02s have been nothing but awesome everywhere and it looks like BFG just released them in 285/75R17 so I know what my next set of tires will be

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
put tires on hold

ordered 2 rear rotors i got off ebay for $55 shipped

ceramic rear pads $19 shipped and locally front ceramic pads for $39

its time to refresh the stuff

its been at least 3 years

rear rotors got small scratches starting from wear indicator pads

mikie is supposed to come down in a couple of weeks and give me a hand (aka do all the work LOL)

lilkia

How are the Thunderer tires you put on? Are they loud or quiet on the road? Are they holding up pretty well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94