A year in Haiti

cooldread

Cooldread
Haiti and Dominican Republic in a P38

Hey,

I was also in Haiti with my 2001 P38. I was living in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic and traveled every 5-6 weeks to Port-au-Prince. It was an amazing experience. I am sure your time there was great as well.

I'm about to head out for a year (give or take) in Haiti, helping to run a hospital in the rural mountains. I thought I'd start a thread here, as a big part of what I'll be doing is traveling around the country, on terrible (if not non-existent) roads, pretty regular deep stream/river crossings, etc... My idea is to record the adventure-y aspects of the trip, as well as a "what really works out in the developing world" kind of log.

At the moment I've got a P38 Range Rover (please don't flame the truck, it's what I've got, and it has had a coil spring conversion, among other good reliability-oriented mods), a diesel Land Cruiser Troopie, and 3 6x6 M35A2 Deuces.

To give you an idea of a normal day there....

IMG_3968.JPG

More to come as the year progresses!

TJK

Observer
Thomassique - wow, you are off the beaten path.

I run a community health/agriculture project in Montrouis (and up into the mountains in Fond Baptiste). Can relate on the roads. Very challenging.

Interesting thread - thanks.

TJK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles