A well set up ’16 Tacoma anybody can afford

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
See….. :sombrero:

Even Matchbox has taken notice of the poster child of the outdoor adventure scene...bed mounted rooftop tent and all. Can wait to find this on the Walmart pegs in 2017!

28797302672_6cbf3b567c_c.jpg

They will also have a 1995 Chevrolet G-30 campervan/Sportsmobile outdoor adventure rig with a motorcycle mounted on the rear bumper in 2017 as well.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
See….. :sombrero:

Even Matchbox has taken notice of the poster child of the outdoor adventure scene...bed mounted rooftop tent and all. Can wait to find this on the Walmart pegs in 2017!

28797302672_6cbf3b567c_c.jpg

They will also have a 1995 Chevrolet G-30 campervan/Sportsmobile outdoor adventure rig with a motorcycle mounted on the rear bumper in 2017 as well.

It is probably cheaper than that mochafrappawheatgrass its sitting on.

Xplosiv

Once upon a time, I had a hot wheels full size Bronco that had a motorcycle mounted on a "hitch rack". Ill have to see if I can dig it out of the collection.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
I know, you'd think they would make the Matchbox line better given they have the capability.

I already think Matchbox is the better of the two as they typically are more realistic. Hotwheels has some realistic cars too but most are much more fantasy cars than realistic. Matchbox is really doing some cool off-road inspired vehicles for 2017

Once upon a time, I had a hot wheels full size Bronco that had a motorcycle mounted on a "hitch rack". Ill have to see if I can dig it out of the collection.

Yeah, I have that one squirrelled away somewhere. I literally have thousands of 1/64 diecast cars in the basement in totes from my childhood right up to present day. My wife laughs at me because every store we go to I must go down the diecast isle to see what is new. Lately I’ve been buying the hard to find ones off an Ebay seller.

Check out some other new 2017 Expo-ish Matchboxes. These are still in proto type stage with 3D printed bodies.

1995 Chevrolet G30 Ambulance converted into an off-roadster. This one is based upon the Matchbox designer’s real life bug out vehicle. He lives in CA somewhere. Who knows, maybe he is a member of Expo Portal. I noticed some of the inspiration pictures for the Tacoma the designer posted on Instagram were pictures taken from an Overland Expo.
IMG_7289.jpg

IMG_7285.jpg

IMG_7284.jpg

IMG_7292.jpg

IMG_7289.jpg

VW!
IMG_7270.jpg

IMG_7272.jpg

And a Datsun with a roof rack
IMG_7225.jpg

Other cool stuff for 2017 is a 73-80 Chevy stepside pickup set up for off-road and a 1959 Chevy station wagon with a roof rack and canoe.

For those that are into 1/64 diecast follow http://www.lamleygroup.com/ and on Facebook. They also have a great Ebay store!

Colorado_Outback

Adventurer
I already think Matchbox is the better of the two as they typically are more realistic. Hotwheels has some realistic cars too but most are much more fantasy cars than realistic. Matchbox is really doing some cool off-road inspired vehicles for 2017

I should have clarified "better" = rolls better. I agree that Matchbox is the more realistic of the two, and the off road line is cool but none of that matters to a 5 year old. If it doesn't roll "its no good Dad!". Haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier