A Truck Camper like no other

Read it yesterday, wish I could get more details about the ac setu
Google cruise n comfort . It is a rectangular stainless box, 10.5” high. The 2 listed below are about 8” high.
I have found 2 other small dc air conditioners. A Chinese unit built by Corunclima unit T20B that claims 48a at 12v for 8500btu. Cheap, about $1k. And a Spanish built Dirna, 8500 btu, draws 32-65a depending on setting, about $3200. In my truck only the Dirna would fit, the inside part clears my bathroom door by 23mm. The Chinese unit didn’t. Either one would trigger upgrade of solar system which would be simple, but also maybe change to LiYFePO4 (Victron 200ah x 5) which I am reluctant to do due to cost, complexity and temperature intolerance.

Last edited:

draaronr

Adventurer
Google cruise n comfort . It is a rectangular stainless box, 10.5” high. The 2 listed below are about 8” high.
I have found 2 other small dc air conditioners. A Chinese unit built by Corunclima unit T20B that claims 48a at 12v for 8500btu. Cheap, about $1k. And a Spanish built Dirna, 8500 btu, draws 32-65a depending on setting, about $3200. In my truck only the Dirna would fit, the inside part clears my bathroom door by 23mm. The Chinese unit didn’t. Either one would trigger upgrade of solar system which would be simple, but also maybe change to LiYFePO4 (Victron 200ah x 5) which I am reluctant to do due to cost, complexity and temperature intolerance.
I guess its figuring it all out so it works. To me i'd rather have way more solar and batteries than a generator and the associated noise. I'd mostly need the ac at night when I sleep on the road at rest stops or boondocking. Rest of the time i'd be able to plug in.

Yes, I have spent 40min/day (length of my daily quarantine walk) for ~3-4 months thinking about battery capacity/weight, solar capacity and air conditioning power draw. And need for generator vs extra fuel capacity. Also propane stove vs AC induction cooker.

draaronr

Adventurer
Yes, I have spent 40min/day (length of my daily quarantine walk) for ~3-4 months thinking about battery capacity/weight, solar capacity and air conditioning power draw. And need for generator vs extra fuel capacity. Also propane stove vs AC induction cooker.
Well did you map it out for all of us lazy people lol

DKNY

Hi Avi. Which model of the watergen are you installing?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

1cambo

2019 Ram 5500 Limited 4X4 crew-cab, 84” cab to axle wheel base, 6.7L Cummins, 19,500 lbs
Wheels/tires – Hutchinson military 20” split rim aluminum bead lock, Fury 37” tires (4,200 lb load rating), Centramatic wheel balancers
Suspension – Kelderman front single bags and double bags at each rear wheel.
Fuel – 22 and 52 gal factory twin tanks
AFE Cold Air Intake kit (still to be installed)
Transmission oil cooler kit (still to be installed)
Water separator and fuel pre-filter kit
Air compressor – Oasis XD4000 with air distribution and rig for inflating all tires at once
Dual alternators (440 amps) charging camper batteries at 68 amps
AEV front bumper with Warn 16.5 winch

Camper specs:
Truck bed by Highway Products
Fresh water tank – 38 gal
Gray tank – 50 gal (converted black water tank to gray)
Fridge – 5 cu ft, 3-way, freezer
Lagun table
Queen bed w/Froli sleep system
2 burner cooktop
Microwave oven
Toaster/convection/air fryer
Propane – 2 X 20 lbs tanks
Energy – Solara Power M semi-flexible (1,150 watts) solar panels, Victron integrated system, Relion batteries (1200ah)
A/C – Cruise N Comfort marine 12v split system
Heating – Alde water and radiant space heating
Air Head composting toilet
Seagull V water filtration system
360 remote surveillance system
Cell booster
Spare pull-out 45 qt Engel freezer
Pull-out propane grill
Awning
Dyson vacuum
Outdoor shower
Watergen water maker (8 gals per day from humidity) – to be installed
How does the mini split work?
are you happy with it and is it an electrical hog?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles