A tour through Central and SW Colorado

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Nice story and pics jacket! I linked to it from your post about a sofftop. I may not like your hockey team but your state sure is beautiful. I have a step-nepehw out there south of Denver. I may have to use that as an excuse! Although I think I would run out of vacation time before I got my fill of there. And seeing I am that far West I might as well hit Moab . . . . . Plus my love of ghost towns would keep me pretty busy there too.

I have to show my wife the bear story. She has been wanting to see one in the wild on every one of our trips to the UP here in MI (closest thing to CO but not). We stop at family friend's bear ranch while there but she said it isn't the same. Maybe her thoughts will change!

http://www.superiorsights.com/oswaldsbearranch/index.html

Once again, great pics and story!

Willman

Very nice Matt!

Thanks for the great writeup!!!

We need to get a late summer trip planned down there next year!

:sombrero:

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
Rattler said:
Nice story and pics jacket! I linked to it from your post about a sofftop. I may not like your hockey team but your state sure is beautiful. I have a step-nepehw out there south of Denver. I may have to use that as an excuse! Although I think I would run out of vacation time before I got my fill of there. And seeing I am that far West I might as well hit Moab . . . . . Plus my love of ghost towns would keep me pretty busy there too.

I have to show my wife the bear story. She has been wanting to see one in the wild on every one of our trips to the UP here in MI (closest thing to CO but not). We stop at family friend's bear ranch while there but she said it isn't the same. Maybe her thoughts will change!

http://www.superiorsights.com/oswaldsbearranch/index.html

Once again, great pics and story!

Seeing a bear in the wild is one thing, but seeing one leaning on your truck staring at you from 20 feet away is something I'd rather not experience again.:smilies27

Come on out to Colorado; it is well-worth the journey! But I'll offer one recommendation - leave your Red Wings jersey at home :jump:

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Jacket said:
But I'll offer one recommendation - leave your Red Wings jersey at home :jump:

I better peel the "2008 Stanley Cup Champions" sticker off too. :sombrero: Sakic has all the respect from me. Great role model for any young player.

IronSmiles

Observer
Awesome write up and those pics were gorgeous! I love scenery like that and am dying to go somewhere out there. :clapsmile:

OMC

Matt,
You are on a roll. SW CO in Aug., Holy Cross in Sept. and now a winning adventure in AZ in Oct.! Where are you headed next and can we go? I vote for a Baja or Copper Canyon adventure and I'll even try some infused tequila if you bring it. You are so right about CO being a great center for adventure and congrats on your Trophy!
Nice writeup.

Last edited:

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
Have truck, will travel!

pending approval from my wife and kids.....

Drop the kiddos off with gramma and grandpa in Mesa, pick up a well-traveled OS tour guide, and then head south of the border - sounds great to me :safari-rig:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles