A tale of two vans' travels: Over 25 trips together

T.Low

Expedition Leader
Railvan Brian Rutherford and I met 7 years ago on Expo, introduced on the forum by Craig Miller of NorthWestOverlandsociety. Turns out we live three blocks away from each other and work two blocks away. Since meeting we have done over 25 trips together. We've come to know each other so well that we seem to be in no hurry to get our cb radios communicating again: we have a pretty good read on what the other guy is thinking. (Hmm, he's stopped on that ridge, doesn't look like there is anything there, but I am in a cool spot,...he wants to take a picture of my rig.)

We certainly don't think exactly alike, we just know what the other guy is thinking. We're far from being two peas in a pod, but we both realize that's part of what makes us a good travel team.

I began this thread with the simple idea of sharing van photos from some of our trips, but as I look back at some of the spots we've popped our tops, I can't help think about the future. Ive got some health issues now and camping has become very difficult for me. Anyway, I hope you fellow Expo vanners enjoy the pics.

IMG_1587_zps30aa8c81.jpg

Last edited:

T.Low

Expedition Leader
North Cascades, somewhere north of Winthrop.

MemDayTwilighta.jpg

Photo: Brian Rutherford "Twilight"

North Cascades, somewhere between Winthrop and Chelan
IMG_2775.jpg

South Vancouver Island, local knowledge, thank you.
DSC02123_zps1bdf5a1c.jpg

Last edited:

T.Low

Expedition Leader
North Cascades, Washington. Craig Miller with Snowshoe, the white Disco. Dan Cronin Defender 90. Grant Herman and his not pictured 2nd Gen 4Runner.

FS38Snowfari2014.jpg

Bringinginthevans600.jpg

Photo by Craig Miller: "Bringing in the Vans".

Last edited:

geoffff

Observer
Hey T.Low -- So inspiring to see all that adventuring! I've crossed paths with both Railvan Brian Rutherford, and Craig Miller. It'd be fun to meet you someday, too. I feel like I'm still getting to know good places to explore within a day's drive of Seattle. Here's a pic of my van with Railvan in Colorado back in 2006 (for the Sportsmobile Rally):

20060729-0000-P0VPA--Colorado--Camping--FR-825--Sportsmobile.jpg

-- Geoff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94