A QUESTION ABOUT KTM MOTORCYCLES

peneumbra

Explorer
I've heard that the KTM 1190 Adventure bike is prone to mechanical failures, and that the machine is also maintenance intensive - more so, perhaps, than other, similar bikes.

Is this also true of the Super Duke road bike? I'm asking because I've got the opportunity to purchase a demo model at a fairly decent discount, and I know little about them other than they're extremely fast.

BlackdogGS

Observer
Much info on ADVRider on this. I know heat is a show stopper for some and they were/are having problems with the air box. They suck in dirt and destroy the engine. I think it's a great bike but they need to fix some relatively simple problems. I have a 690 Enduro and it's perfect.

A

agavelvr

I have a 690 Enduro and it's perfect.
If you ignore the problems with the fuel system, throttle body prone to magically getting it's settings wacked, poorly designed airbox letting dust by, the ultra vulnerable rear brake, and...
but they sure are fun bikes :)

To the OP, KTMs are very fun. The oil changes take more time and materials. The fuel systems are very picky and can clog easy (install a fuel prefilter at the fill). Throttle response burns tires at an alarming rate. Over rev the engine too much and you will learn how expensive things can get. Like I said though, they are smile making machines :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles