A pretty decent video about how Harley-Davidson killed itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike W.

I don't understand why people care so much about what others like. Live and let live.
Theses a certain portion of our society who believe they are better than the rest of the world . They attempt to prove it by slandering others and thinking by buying expensive junk they somehow gain superiority over the rest of the population. Then they feel it's necessary to ridicule those they feel are below them.

The reality is they don't fit into society and never have the chance to experience different forms of enjoyment. Its a sad situation but it's also completely self inflicted. Once an ******, always an ******

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
I get the nostalgia aspect since I love old stuff too. But if I want a '66 Mustang GT, I buy a '66 Mustang GT. Ford would be long dead if you walked into a dealership and they were selling '66 tech as current tech for premium dollars. Evolve or die.

I still have drum brakes on my 68 Camaro, stopping is always an adventure..LOL Disk are so much safer but I like the fact is drives like it did the day it came off the lot over 50 years ago.

nathane

I find it amusing that someone is making a fuss about the fact that some people like a product based on looks and feel rather than engineering suitability when they are converting a 30 ton truck only capable of fitting a 13' payload into a camper ?

I wouldn't choose to ride a Harley myself, cos I'm a big fan of Japanese bike engineering, but I loved spectating at the edge of the sturges rally a few years back, I get the love.

CampStewart

Observer
OP why did you bother to even start this thread out of thin air when you have such disdain for the brand. I find it strange that you have so much knowledge of something that you claim to want to have nothing to do with and is so inferior to your standards. Seems like you were just doing it to try to stir up controversy.

MTVR

OP why did you bother to even start this thread out of thin air when you have such disdain for the brand. I find it strange that you have so much knowledge of something that you claim to want to have nothing to do with and is so inferior to your standards. Seems like you were just doing it to try to stir up controversy.

So you're upset that I "have so much knowledge of" the subject that I am commenting on?

I find that odd...

CampStewart

Observer
So you're upset that I "have so much knowledge of" the subject that I am commenting on?

I find that odd...
Oh come on now you are just being silly, if you think the tone of my post suggests that I am upset as I generally find your posts comical and amusing , even cartoonish. I just find it odd that you started this thread in the first place and are trying so hard to belabor the same opinion over and over. I find it odd that you have so much to say about street bikes on a forum focused on off road vehicles. I would think that there are forums far more focused on street bikes and Harleys and find it odd that you are not posting on them.

MTVR

I find it odd that you are assuming that I am not posting on other forums.

And what is any of that to you? If you don't want to read something, then don't read it.

CampStewart

Observer
Well it is good to hear that you are not limiting your wisdom to this forum and that you have a greater audience to hear about your perceived greatness. It is silly to suggest that I would read your posts if I don't want to, how does that make any sense? Why did you conclude that I don't want to read your posts? I would love to see what you share with the rest of the internet, can you give some links to your other social media accounts?

MTVR

Well it is good to hear that you are not limiting your wisdom to this forum and that you have a greater audience to hear about your perceived greatness. It is silly to suggest that I would read your posts if I don't want to, how does that make any sense? Why did you conclude that I don't want to read your posts? I would love to see what you share with the rest of the internet, can you give some links to your other social media accounts?

Stalk much?

CampStewart

Observer
Stalk much?
Stalking would be continually replying to your posts with you not addressing me. Since you are quoting me and therefore directly addressing me I am only continuing the conversation. I find it odd that since I have entered this thread you have not actually addressed or answered any of the questions I have asked but just went off on tangents attacking me. You seem angered by my posts, if you don't like reading them than take your own advice and don't read them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles