A nice ride after 20+ years of 4x4s

Robthebrit

Explorer
What is the ballpark weight for the older honda 250s? I'd like to mount one on the back of the mog.

I just replaced my starting battery with a die hard so I saved about 200 pounds in weight..

Rob

efuentes

Explorer
My service manual says,

Dry weight 260 lbs (118 Kgs).
Curb Weigth 282 Lbs (128 Kgs).

I will say 220-240 for an older enduro 250.

Saludos

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
I'm pissed... I just got the worst MPG I have ever gotten in this little bike. 65mpg instead of the usual 75-80 :( Oh well... bike season is upon us and I can't wait to put some dirty miles on it.

:bike_rider:

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
Theres a guy on ADVRider selling one here in Sacto. It's camo'd out and he was asking 1200 (i believe) for it.

Couldn't find it - I've been over there this week looking for bikes. Maybe it sold. If you still know the link, pls share!

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
Nice bikes guys... I'd never fit on one but they look fun - I have been running a 4x4 on the trails myself for over 15 years and this year will be the first on 2 wheels. My new to me XR600R is tuned & ready to go, and just had the TTR230 tuned but changed my mind on it & looking to trade or sell it to get a TW200 or Super Serpa for the wife & kids. Now just have to plan a trip!

DesertRose

Look what I did today!

Joining the NX club

RH_nx250.jpg

1989 NX250

efuentes

Explorer
And so it began ...

After taking a hard look at my options I decided to go with a simple Hard box and soft panniers for storage, I hope I can fit in all my stuff ...

The mock up of the upper rack 15mm 40 ga steel

IMG_0177.jpg

Another look ...

IMG_0175.jpg

Some primer to seal the steel .., and the noobish welds :sombrero:

IMG_0179.jpg

And the pannier rack ... (everybody keep asking me what I was up to this time, it was fun)

IMG_0180.jpg

Total cost so far, 175 pesos and about 5 cokes and some Pan Dulce for the guys at the shop.

I hope to have it mounted by tomorrow after I pick up some stainless bolts.

Saludos

Last edited:

DesertRose

If you like the design, I'd be interested in ordering a set and then riding down to pick it up! Seriously, looks good and I can't wait to hear how it works.

Which panniers are you getting?

I'm thinking about a small Zarges case for a top box. I can seal it with silicone and it should be nice and light but strong.

efuentes

Explorer
After leaving early from the office, I started to put together my home made parrilla.

First I stopped at the Tornilleria (Bolt shop) to get some bolts and washers.

IMG_0183.jpg

And then to put everything on the bike.

IMG_0184.jpg

Almost ready, only missing the holder for the hard box.

IMG_0187.jpg

Showing off the creation.

IMG_0190.jpg

Checking clearance for the future secondary fuel tank.

IMG_0193.jpg

With some stuff on the bags.

IMG_0195.jpg

El Jr. giving me an eary feeling that he wont be off the bike anytime soon.

IMG_0197.jpg

Overall the position of the bags its great, you cant feel they are back there, I will have to do something about the spring, I don't think it will handle the additional load, I will find out this weekend.

Saludos

Last edited:

DesertRose

Overall the position of the bags its great, you cant feel they are back there, I will have to do something about the spring, I don't think it will handle the additional load, I will find out this weekend.

Saludos

Looks really great!

The factory manual says curb weight is 280 and the vehicle capacity load is 330 - so I'll be curious to hear how you do.

efuentes

Explorer
Yesterday I did a shake down ride, some 250 miles, 50/50 to try out my minimalist setup, complete with a walmart tent :victory:

It was supposed to be a Zen weekend camping close to a big dam by El Fuerte, Sinaloa. but I forgot about a a local fishing contest that was held the same weekend, as usual, I found some friends and ended up camping close to the Tecate Stand and listening to Tambora music until 3 AM :sombrero:

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

Saludos

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier