a new tent, but which one?

soimu`

Observer
after two years in which the wife refused to accompany us (me and the boy) on our trips, we need a smaller, lighter tent, but with a mattress of at least 210/130 cm. I need to find something with a very good material quality, which will last many seasons, the ones I see everywhere are made of thin, cheap materials, they don't compare to the Hannibal Tent. What do you recommend?

Pictograma Verificată de Comunitate

Attachments

• 97413b3c-f7c5-4013-ae4b-e529d805ab89.jpg
    97413b3c-f7c5-4013-ae4b-e529d805ab89.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

alia176

Explorer
My Autohome Columbus RTT is going on a decade old and the wall material still rocks to this day. I don't own a newish tent so I'm not sure if their material is thinner/different than my RTT but I'm happy with whatever material Autohome is using. Only the oldtimers, such as myself, will be rocking Autohome RTTs, for the most part. :)

JackW

Explorer
My Maggiolina was an absolutely great tent except it was really bigger than I needed - it was over twelve years old when I got it and I used it for eight years.
I ran it into an overhanging tree and cracked the front corner but since it was fiberglass it was easy to fix. It stood 14" tall and weighed around 140 lbs (approximately)
I only sold it to order my Terrapod - since I know Chad - the designer/builder of Terrapod - I've seen his work since he started building the first prototype.
I know he wanted no compromises in something he was going to put his name on and I ordered one on his kickstarter campaign. Great tents both.

Attachments

• roof tent.jpg
    roof tent.jpg
    773.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Terrapod-5.jpg
    Terrapod-5.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 9

Byblos

Tentco, also made in Johannesburg South Africa. The tent and the rain fly are Rip Stop canvas, don't flap in the wind and not white labeled from China like most are. Been using one since 1999 on the 4Runner and been on there since.

Take a look.

hst.global

81cfe4_4833c9d5cdb5409c8825aae58d24e117~mv2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior