A New Cheap Must Have

lionsbreath

Adventurer
A new cheap must have for any hi lift owner, the LIFT MATE at less then $30 this is a :shakin: saver. I got hung up on a rock that I didn't see, hung up on my tranny pan that is. When I went to use my Hi Lift I realized that I could not lift the truck for a lack of a good lift point like no rock rails and only factory bumpers. I do have a bumper attachment for the jack but left it at home!!!!!!!! If you have a good body lift point one down side is that you need to lift the truck high enough to surpass the sup. flex before a tire is raised. The lift mate cures this by lifting at the wheel, thus saving much wasted energy. I picked mine up today and will not be at a loss for a jack point ever again. Don't worry it is coated to protect your wheel as well. :luxhello: :victory:
ph_liftmate_large.jpg

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Not to shoot you down here, but I can not picture this working, especially on the rear wheels with out stacking rocks. Can you please elaborate on the methood used to get you unstuck useing this?

What is getting me is that as the wheel spins it would launch the lift, which are allready tippy. It is an inquisitive theorey to me that I would like to learn more about. The way I see it you would be better off using it was a come-a-long manual winch in a similar situation.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Use the sling and jack to lift the vehicle, then either remove the offending object that you are stuck on, or stack rocks under the tire so that when you set the vehicle back down, you are not sitting on whatever you were stuck on. The sling is just another way to attach the hi-lift to your vehicle...not a recovery tool in itself.

flyingwil

goodtimes said:
Use the sling and jack to lift the vehicle, then either remove the offending object that you are stuck on, or stack rocks under the tire so that when you set the vehicle back down, you are not sitting on whatever you were stuck on. The sling is just another way to attach the hi-lift to your vehicle...not a recovery tool in itself.

Ahh I was thinking of using it in a silar fashion as when you hook it up to your slider/ gaurd and drive forward... I just had a poor mental image, and saw the jack spining with the wheel! I see it clearly now.

lionsbreath

Adventurer
Well I my stuck case I was winched sideways off the rock. But, I could have used this sling to lift the wheels and fill in my four deep holes. In my case I wouldn't have been able to use the lift and drive methode. I was hung up between the cross member and the sway bar on my tranny pan. Here are my damage pics.

Attachments

• oil pan dam.JPG
    oil pan dam.JPG
    626 KB · Views: 173

flyingwil

:Wow1: I think I get it now... Might want to remeber, I seem to always forget, to shoot it with some paint to prevent rust... Dang Airizona and no rust issues!

Attachments

• Tundra 5.jpg
    Tundra 5.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Tundra 3.jpg
    Tundra 3.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 4

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
Lionsbreath,

Anyone make a tranny skid plate for your model?

I'll be making one soon for my LC. I hate the idea of the same thing happening to me.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Scott, you can get it if you go to the Hi-Lift web site, or, you can just do a search on Ebay, I have seen them there a few times. I do need to get one also, as I do not have any good jacking points on my truck, but, I also need to get a Hi-Lift for that matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles