A long term project - Planning Begins

sAsLEX

Will follow your build with interest. I'm just starting the same process here in NZ too, albeit on something less adventurous than a unimog. Will put a styromax/vanglass style box on an Iveco Daily chassis cab.

How goes the search for composite panels? Im talking with composites group in Christchurch but im still tossing the idea of importing from Aus given their pricing and quality.

4.2m is pretty high, im from the Otago area and a lot of rail bridges are around 3.8- 3.2 if im remembering right. Theres always easy enough detours so I suppose its a convenience factor.

I think I made some fundamental errors in the model of the truck , so I think more likely to be at 3.8ish.....

I haven't yet started the search for panels. I have seen one camper made from a roofing product with steel/foam/steel in Auckland, and there is Clark Global (https://www.clark-global.com/contact) who can supply panels and other parts.

I have some experience with Iveco...... that lap of the South Island was not a success, but with some further work I just did a lap in Feb, a very rushed 6 day lap from Picton through Queenstown and back for a MTB trip with a mate with no issues.
IMG_20190105_160918.jpg

saf5000

Clark globals work looks legit but its a bit out of my range. Nz composites in fielding gave me a good quote for some XPS panels if you're north island based. Only going with Composites group on the basis of having PU cored panel at the same price.

Sitec

Adventurer
Depends on the Mog. On mine you need to tilt the cab to get at the filters, adjust the valves, work on the belts, compressor etc. How does one remove the camper in the middle of nowhere?

You learn something every day. I didn't know some Mog cabs tip. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles