A little work done today

mburklu

Observer
I was finally able to get some work done on the van. Nothing amazing compared to most of you guys on here, but still some headway. The bumpers on it aren't that great, but not enough $ to buy new. There was some rust, chipping and an ugly glossy paint job. Got them sanded down and painted flat black. Painted the wheel wells with some rattle can undercoating. The bottom of the exterior is rhino lined, but you could see white where the doors are. Took some spray truck bedliner and fixed that problem. The tail pipe was chrome, but in sad shape, so I bought some high heat flat black paint and fixed that. Painted the grille and headlight surrounds flat black. I wanted to get all of that done before the bottom drops out weather wise tonight. Hopefully the paint gets cured enough before it gets too cold. The driver and passenger seats were in sad shape. Put in a new passenger seat on a swivel base. For some reason the seat belt receiver didn't work on the new seat so had to take the old one off and replace it. Started putting some track in for a Sienna passenger seat, behind the driver's seat. Not finished with that. Removed the driver's seat. I only have a passenger seat to replace it, so removed the driver seat base and sanded it down and painted it. I will need to put the old seat belt receiver on it. I think that's about it. Plenty left to do, but a good day.

dar395

Adventurer
To me being able to use your vehicle is a lot better than $$'s worth of junk, if your not already using Rockauto.com try them out, I saw a new grill is only in $25 range. Slow and steady and always find time to enjoy!

mburklu

Observer
I hear ya dar395, it's kind of a beast, so not worried about maKing it perfect. I want to use it and most likely beat it up a little. Not looking for it to be a fancy garage queen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94