A Little Time On My Hands...Portable Panel Case

Rbertalotto

Explorer
Thanks! I still don't understand why most of these portable panels fold with the actual panel on the outside........ No reason this panel couldn't fold with the panels better protected.

dreadlocks

Thanks! I still don't understand why most of these portable panels fold with the actual panel on the outside........ No reason this panel couldn't fold with the panels better protected.

You can stab a kickstand, lawn chair leg, etc into the tempered glass and it'll be perfectly fine.. you stab one into the plastic backing side of the panel, and its likely done for, and if not you got lucky that time.

The underside of a panel is far more vulnerable to damage than the topside, the glass side will take hammer/hail impacts.. the plastic side will fail spectacularly with such abuse.. The Glass Free all plastic panels only have about 2-3 years in the field before they stop working, they are far more durable than the backing of rigid panels and thats if you coddle em.. if you flex and abuse em they wont even last that long.. vs 20-30 years for rigid panels facing right way out.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles