A Hawk in the Arctic

Wallygator

Adventurer
I have no idea regarding the price of the shell models, however I don't think the regular 'built'/optioned slide-in models are double the price of a similar FWC, but certainly more expensive.

Only you can decide if the lack of condensation and overall performance is worth it, money and value is a personal thing. However, I have been very happy with my Hallmark campers. Cold weather performance/insulation is very important to me.

I based my comment on the prices I found on the Hallmark website. There version of a shell with similar options added that come standard on a FWC shell, would put it about double the price of the FWC shell. I am glad you are happy with yours, they are very nice!

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Every single part of the construction is different to the FWC. No cold bridging, insulated composite panels, insulated soft walls, not sure about the windows but I would be surprised if hallmark offered only single pane. The FWC is an oven In the Summer and a condensation mess in anywhere from early Fall to mid Spring. Every single aluminum part of the FWC’s will sweat and bead droplets on the interior.

That was as good or better answer than I could've given ?.

Yes, the standard soft wall has three layers, an outer and inner layer of fabric, with insulating closed cell foam between the two layers. Although the aluminum in a FWC is touted and seen as a positive, condensation is a very real issue.

Maybe dual-pane windows are an option in a Hallmark, however the standard windows are single-pane. I believe the biggest negative with dual-pane windows is the weight, and surely they cost more too. Hallmark's snap-on insulated covers do a good job of adding an extra layer of removable/adjustable insulation, plus they also block light and help me sleep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online