a great use of a land cruiser

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Cool, but probably the wrong subforum to post this in(we're LRs here, not LCs!)

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
A very cool and well thought out truck playland!!!! I would have loved it as a kid. My kids would have loved it. Kudos to whomever made it all happen. Old expedition trucks never die, they just fade away into fun playground equipment. Very cool!!!!

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters

Very presumptuous to assume that it was even a BJ75 model (which is a rarer 75 configuration). Chances are much higher that it was a totally different motor such as a 1HZ. When the chassis's on 1HZ's wear out, they ship them to the US and they still fetch $2500 for a bear but running block ;) That said, while 3B head cracks are a known issue, its far from a common issue. I can think of ~25-30 BJxx owners here in the West, perhaps one or two have dealt with head issues and both case I can thing of have aftermarket turbo's. While some of the others may have cracks, they are all still running fine in the 150k+ mile range. My 20 year old 13BT has ~100k, tight and cool.

David Harris

Expedition Leader
Very presumptuous to assume that it was even a BJ75 model (which is a rarer 75 configuration). Chances are much higher that it was a totally different motor such as a 1HZ. When the chassis's on 1HZ's wear out, they ship them to the US and they still fetch $2500 for a bear but running block ;) That said, while 3B head cracks are a known issue, its far from a common issue. I can think of ~25-30 BJxx owners here in the West, perhaps one or two have dealt with head issues and both case I can thing of have aftermarket turbo's. While some of the others may have cracks, they are all still running fine in the 150k+ mile range. My 20 year old 13BT has ~100k, tight and cool.

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior