A G-Wagon from Austria

AxelG

You are right Craig, the simplicity of the 461 model is really nice when it comes to build a sustainable overland vehicle. But I totally understand your comfort point of view!!! ;)

Johnny, this is exactly my idea: have a vehicle ready any time for a weekend-trip. As soon as it goes on longer expeditions, a more sophisticated storage system comes in. For now I am building the first part that should stay fixed in the car.

I bought the aircraft tracks at Florian Bauer from Airline-Systems. He is a very nice and helpful guy. And the price including shipping to Sweden was really good (as a tip: you can reduce freight costs by asking Florian to cut the tracks in the needed length).

Cheers,
Axel

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I like the Lyndi setup Axel.

Any more pics from inside your W460 looking up at the RTT?

AxelG

Thanks guys! :)

I do not have such pictures at hand right now. But I am planing to create a small gallery with some detailed pictures. I'll speed this up and keep you updated! ;)

Axel

AxelG

I like the Lyndi setup Axel.

I finally found time to upload some more pictures from the inside to the net. Here are a few:

Sleeping area (215x145cm):
21.JPG

View from the back door:
22.JPG

Inside when roof is closed:
27.JPG

And here are some more pictures of the car and its modifications: CLICK

Axel

AxelG

Thanks for your comments guys. I unfortunately don't have any prints, but if needed I have a picture-gallery that documents all steps in a quite detailed way.

Currently, I am working on both building in a stove on top of the left storage and a sliding-construction for the Engel fridge. More details on that hopefully after the coming weekend.

:elkgrin:

Axel

zimm

Expedition Leader
Thanks for your comments guys. I unfortunately don't have any prints, but if needed I have a picture-gallery that documents all steps in a quite detailed way.

Currently, I am working on both building in a stove on top of the left storage and a sliding-construction for the Engel fridge. More details on that hopefully after the coming weekend.

:elkgrin:

Axel

since when dont europeans have prints???? i thought your mothers had to ISO 9xxx certify an apple pie before it got served for dessert. :)

AxelG

since when dont europeans have prints???? i thought your mothers had to ISO 9xxx certify an apple pie before it got served for dessert. :)

That's definitely not how we Austrians work! :)

Here's the sliding board for the fridge I just fixed in the car:
PC060242.JPG

PC140262.JPG

Cheers,
Axel

Last edited:

AxelG

After an extended Christmas break, I finally completed the storage today:
- installed a CRAMER 2 flames stove
- adjusted all shelves so the RAKO boxes can't move

Here some pix:

22012011092.jpg

22012011091.jpg

And the compact table-construction (in case of a very cozy dinner for two inside...):
22012011093.jpg

Cheers,
Axel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles