A FWD Defender??

garrycol

The Freelander was All wheel Drive not front wheel drive but could be easily converted to Front Wheel Drive if needed.

soflorovers

All discovery sports are 4WD, and as an owner, I can attest that they’re fantastic
Correct. The plan back in 2014 was to offer a 2WD version (Just like the Evoque), but it never came to fruition. If my memory serves me correct, it's a similar 4WD system to the one found in the Focus RS in that it's a Haldex system that is primarily FWD until the center diff is engaged.

jdlobb

Adventurer
Correct. The plan back in 2014 was to offer a 2WD version (Just like the Evoque), but it never came to fruition. If my memory serves me correct, it's a similar 4WD system to the one found in the Focus RS in that it's a Haldex system that is primarily FWD until the center diff is engaged.

yes, can confirm. You can see in the entertainment system when the center diff is engaged. In my experience so far, it's usually engaged unless you're cruising down the highway.

Honestly, I didn't expect the DS to be AS capable as it is, but it's been great. It took everything I threw at it in colorado without blinking, I didn't even use any of the special "modes."

I haven't gotten a chance to really drive it in mud yet though. But I did get to drive it in some very deep, very soft sand, and it was fine with the tires aired down.

mpinco

Expedition Leader
FWD and EV rear in a significantly downsized product.

Land Rover working on a Jimny?

Land Rover appears to be working on a new entry to the Defender family, one that will do battle with the hardiest of opponents – the Suzuki Jimny.
We’re not joking either, at least if What Car is correct in its knowledge. The upcoming baby Defender will represent the entry point to the Defender range, with UK pricing said to start at £25,000 compared to £42,920 for the full-size Defender........

......Under the bonnet will be JLR’s 1.5-litre turbo triple, sending power exclusively to the front wheels at first. Future versions will get plug-in hybrid power with all-wheel drive. .........

.......In other Jaguar Land Rover news, the company is also working on a large SUV rumoured to be called J-Pace. It will compete with the likes of BMW’s X5, Audi’s Q7 and the Volvo XC90, arriving as a plug-in hybrid in 2021. A conventional six-cylinder combustion engine will power the front wheels while two electric motors propel the rears........."

Carson G

Here’s a 2wd sport for sale in the UK. I was able to find quite a few in the UK for sale with most of them having manual transmissions. I think we just didn’t get them here.
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...e&sort=relevance&model=DISCOVERY SPORT&page=1

jdlobb

Adventurer

What a super weird set of options on that one. UK what are you doing hon?

soflorovers

Today I learned two things lol. Even the shifter looks identical to the one in the Focus RS. Was it possible to get the manual with 4WD?

Carson G

Today I learned two things lol. Even the shifter looks identical to the one in the Focus RS. Was it possible to get the manual with 4WD?
IIRC correctly it was I’d have to look for one. I’ve always thought that’d be a fun little daily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles