A Fresh Look at Tepui Tents!

In 2014 Tepui Tents began supporting our Expedition Portal community as a sponsor. We posted a company profile back then, but a lot has changed.
New products and increased distribution has built up enough news that we're providing an update.

Thanks again to Tepui Tents for being a part of Expedition Portal. Here is some information from them:

"At Tepui Tents adventure is our profession and life is our passion. Based out of Santa Cruz, California we are an enthusiastic outdoor adventure company that offers the highest quality roof top tents available. From off-road warriors in the harsh environments of Death Valley to families out at the lake for a weekend getaway we have something for everyone.
Tepui-Tents-Family-Camping.jpg Autana-Roof-Top-Tent.jpg

Tepui Tents are made with durable rip-stop waterproof materials that will stand up to the most extreme conditions, yet are as comfortable as sleeping at home. Our tents easily mount directly to most stock roof racks or aftermarket roof bars and can be fully set up in just a few minutes.
We are constantly testing our products and driving innovation in the rooftop tent industry. As the first company to introduce sky panels in rooftop tents, we have continued to raise the bar with development of WeatherhoodsTM and our RuggedizedTM line, the toughest set of rooftop tents on the market, complete with 40% heavier fabric, dual stitching, a heavy duty frame and diamond plate base.

Autana-Ruggedized-Roof-Top-Tent.jpg Ayer-Roof-Top-Tent.jpg

Our product line also includes Expedition Series weatherproof gear bags, designed to stand up to any abuse you can throw at them. They are extremely resistant to dust, abrasion, water and heat, ready for any adventure you can dream up.
True to our local roots, we host a range of fun events, such as Acoustic Thursdays at our Santa Cruz showroom on the first Thursday of every month April-September. Tepuifest, our annual camping trip in Hollister Hills, CA, is also a big hit, with a rig contest, live music, offroad clinics, and more. We are regulars at Overland Expo and Outdoor Retailer, in addition to adventure sports events such as King of the Hammers Off-road Race and Sea Otter Classic Bike Festival.

Ruggedized-Diamond-Plate-Base.jpg Tepui-Tents-camping.jpg

At Tepui, we are pleased to offer the highest quality adventure gear and we're confident that you'll be completely satisfied with our products. Talk to someone who owns a Tepui Tent – you'll hear stories about their adventures and see just how much they love our products. Become a part of #teamtepui!"

Kukenam-Roof-Top-Tent-at-Grand-Canyon.jpg Tepui-Tents-Taseko-Mountain.jpg

Attachments

• Tepui-Tents-Family-Camping.jpg
    Tepui-Tents-Family-Camping.jpg
    535.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Tepui-Tents-Offroad.jpg
    Tepui-Tents-Offroad.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 96

marktutone

Adventurer
Forget paying $700.00 for a rack. Fab one up yourself. 62719_zzz_500.jpg $90.00 for the welder. I have owned this model for a few years and have had 0 problems. image_25385.jpg$100.00 very handy. You can get these at Click Here.

schochetrix

Small & Useful
12138608_10153250916203207_4504486823690416661_o.jpg

Love our Tepui, we take it everywhere when we're on adventures and it could be anything as basic as a weekend at the tracks wrenching on Lemons cars to somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

As far as the $700 rack, I stopped grousing when I realized the same rack could be used for kayaks, bicycles, etc. when the Tepui wasn't on it.

billum v2.0

After 22 nights in our Kukenam ruggedized this year, nothing to report. Has gone about its business reliably in rain, 30 MPH winds, sleet, snow and temps from mid 90°'s in Moab to 20° mornings in Ouray. Only thing we've had to tweak is the matress to our liking, but that's a personal preference thing. 6,000+ miles traveled so far and.................nothing to report. Thanks Tepui folks.

Twopui

Lovn' our tepui tents dubbed twopui

We have change our camping experience forever thanks to theses awaesome tents my wife is itching to get the new luxury mattress. Hearing good things about it!! Attaching these to our m101A2 build was a fun and amazing experience. We love these tents the best way to go without a worry where to go.

Last edited:

bkrdave36

I have a first gen Ayers tent. Works great. First time out in it I was in southern Arizona in the Sky Islands when a monsoon thunderstorm came in and dumped right on top of me. Seemed like a fire hose was unleashing on top of me, but zero leaks and it held up to the stress of the heavy rain AND wind!

Now I am just waiting for the brand new black cover for it to show up at the warehouse. They have been on back order for months!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles