A Few Upgrades

rk_az

Adventurer
After a longish dry spell, I decided to make a few upgrades to the trailer. First, I have two spares (the truck and trailer share spares), but haven't been carrying the 2nd spare because I couldn't decide where to mount it. I recently got the bright (or maybe not so bright) idea to use a pickup-bed (pre-runner style) tire carrier and mount it to the trailer's front deck. The jury is still out on whether I like the results, but so far I think I do.

I also ordered a 19-gal. water tank from AT. I decided a trip to Prescott was warranted to pick it up, so my wife and I made a weekend of it. Bo and the gentleman in the shop (I feel silly, I can't recall his name!) were very courteous, and helpful with ideas on mounting the tank.

While at AT I also picked up a propane bottle bracket. It is designed beautifully, and I applied a coat of black paint so it matches a bit better.

Now I'm itching to get out for a weekend! A few pics:

P1110786.jpg

P1110787.jpg

P1110788.jpg

P1110789.jpg

rodrage

Adventurer
Great ADDS!! Very envious. Clean and compact- nothing better. Years ago we used a reflector to add some sun heat to a vertical black tank (similar to yours), and you could have taken and shower in it. Nice set-up.

rk_az

Adventurer
Thanks, and interesting idea for solar water heating. I'll have to give that some thought.

One additional detail about the tank installation, it came with a plastic drain plug which I swapped for a brass hose bib. And I have a cap to keep dust and mud out while travelling, and another cap with a hose barb.

P1110792.jpg

P1110793.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles