A Few Pics from Baja

TheRedDawn

Observer
if anyone is interested in finding out where the pictures where taken, please pm me.

I support the community here at Expo Portal and find more positives than negatives in helping my friends save a little time researching their trip to Baja.

/dev/m416

/dev/yj tow vehicle
I have to say, pics like these inspire me greatly! I live on the east coast, and only ever travel to the west by plane, so as much as I'd like to visit someday I fear it will take making a move across country (maybe at retirement - if that leaves me above ground!).
Getting across the border is a mystery to me and, although I've done some basic research on the permits, etc. I can't find any references to hauling a trailer (i.e. like my M416). Any links that I can follow to read up on such?
Again, thanks for the pics!

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
My insured drivers license covers (not thief) trailers along with the vehicle I'm driving. But do ask the question and have the policy agent show you the writing in the policy stating so. Dont believe, sure you are covered. If you are involved in a (non-death) accident you are considered at fault until proven otherwise. All parties are taken to the police station were you and your vehicle may be detained until restitution is made.

Judoka

Learning To Live
Now where exactly is this Baja? Northwest Wyoming?

Having lived in Mexico for several years (as an American of course) and actually having an accidentI can tell you that unless there is a serious wreck involved or the cops see you, it is best to smile and get into your wallet!:sombrero: Seriously. I have heard horror stories, but I have found it is very easy to be friendly and offer to fix the damage and drive away without any issues for a lot less than it would cost if authorities get involved! Yes, even if it is thier fault! (I was broadsided and I had to repair my vehicle myself but it sure beat the fiasco) Just my experience.

Last edited:

ffdawson

Go Somewhere!
Rad pics RedDawn! Love that shot on the bluffs, camp all set up, waves breaking below. So cool.
The wife and I are currently gearing up for a Bay Area to Baja trip in Nov. plan is to camp and surf all the way down to Todos. I'll have to PM u for some details on your trip! Again, great pix.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Thanks, looking forward to a great spring Baja time in 2013, looking at San Ignacio Lagoon, Scammon's Lagoon and San Borja Mission with Gonzaga Bay and BOLA in beween.

Loco-Nomad

Adventurer
Beautiful pics, and so many wonderful stories of Baja. I admit, I have subscribed to the media hype about traveling south of the border. This is not the only site I look over, and seems like some very negative encounters have occurred "down south" in the last couple years. Not sure, as I dont live near the area, but its great to see those still exploring and having NO troubles at all in their adventure! Keep posting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94