A Different Type of Build

EscapeDivision

Sequoia looks awesome. I love those things, and ALMOST traded my gen1 Tundra to get one a few years back. Seeing people build them almost makes me wish I did it. Yours is super clean.

I can't say much about LED bulbs for the headlights, but doing a legit HID retrofit on this style of headlight is relatively simple (though a tad pricier), as there is a ton of room inside the housing. Prices for parts have come down over the last couple years, and the difference is well worth it if your aux lights are too bright for street driving.

I'm not sure how attached to that front bumper you are, either, being in such good, clean shape... but the Brute Force Fab bumper for the Sequoia would look great on that thing.

Anyway, keep it up! I love watching the Sequoias since not many people build them up.

drobb

Adventurer
Thanks for the compliments guys. It's definitely not your usual build....but that's why I like it :)

drobb

Adventurer
Not that pics of upgraded brakes are exciting........I went with Performance Friction. Some friends who drive BIG Ford Excursions recommended them and damn these stop the big girl well.

brakes.jpg

drobb

Adventurer
Tomorrow I start the best mod yet......The Garage......in our new house!!!!!!! First up....demo work and Epoxy floor. :)

drobb

Adventurer
Nothing really to report on the Sequoia mods. But the garage floor is finished. Now I just need the walls and ceiling completed and move in the desert toys :)

garage_demo.jpg

garage_floor.jpg

drobb

Adventurer
Big Bertha getting a much needed speaker upgrade.......I went with Polk Audio......sounds NICE!

Speaker_install.jpg

Last edited:

drobb

Adventurer
I used a Dremel tool with a cutting wheel and then did some grinding/sanding to get it smooth and flush........like it was never there :)......btw...nice LC!

Last edited:

drobb

Adventurer
It's been a while. Purchased this. '13 Tundra CrewMax, 4x4 with 20k miles.

Stock
truck_driveway.jpg

Last edited:

drobb

Adventurer
As she sits now. Bilstein 6112s up front on top setting, 5100s in the rear, no lift. 285/75/18 Toyo tires. Drives great!

tundra_profile_6112.jpg

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
Looks great! What made you make the switch?
I have a friend with a 2019 T4R Pro that just traded it in for a Tundra as well. He loves his decision so far!

**Edit... I just realized your initial post of the truck was from 2017. My bad. But still!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles