a creative solution for hidden long gun storage in your truck

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler

I have to wonder about moisture intrusion problems tho.

(Canadian border guards inspecting your rig now will have to start tapping on your tail lights if you’re a US traveler coming in from a state known for high gun ownership…)

DieselRanger

My M1A Scout Squad is confidently accurate at 450 yards with moderate-quality ammo...pretty sure I could knock a target down at 500+ on the first shot with my 2-7x32 optics. That would fit nicely in a short bed fender tunnel - I can lay it diagonally in the under-floor storage in the back of my Land Rover with room to spare. Your Ruger Predator is 2" shorter overall with the same barrel length.

But yeah - first thing I thought of was moisture and road dirt penetration into that tunnel. Would hope it's fully enclosed and sealed.

Bodybag

my silverado gets a lot of dirt up in there, I pop the lights out and power wash in there from time to time. would rather just keep it in the decked drawer.

DieselRanger

One would have to install some kind of sealed case or enclosure in there - the one pictured doesn't look fully sealed. Lots of trouble and agree - not super accessible, but potentially secure as few thieves would think of looking in there.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Oh, I get it….you’re just trying to be funny ?

Sorry, I sometimes struggle understanding Canadian humor ?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles