A Central Australian Expedition Tale

Rlhydn

P1030587.jpg
Once upon a time, we packed the LandCruiser for a three week expedition to the Interior. A lasso rather than a lap. Our Expedition would take us into the ancient and stunning country of Central Australia.

Since our outback baptism, we had learned a few things. About ourselves, and how we travel. A few changes were made to the LandCruiser and we packed leaner, meaner....

Read more of Chapter 1
https://rlhydnoverland.com/memory-lane-pt1-flinders-ranges/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice report. I’ve just retired and when our old dogs journey to their afterlife we plan on getting a long term visa, purchase a vehicle there, and do a grand tour of your country for 6 to 9 months.

Rlhydn

Nice report. I’ve just retired and when our old dogs journey to their afterlife we plan on getting a long term visa, purchase a vehicle there, and do a grand tour of your country for 6 to 9 months.

Thanks very much Ghost, you won’t regret it. Amazing country, I’m enjoying reliving this trip whilst we plan the next one for 2019. So much to see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luthj

Engineer In Residence
You can apply for a generic (600 subclass?) Visa. It has a slightly higher application fee, but would get periods of up to two years. Will have to provide financial documentation of your ability to support yourself. 12 months was barely enough to cover the highlights for us.

jgarciabar

Will some share a bit more info on how and where to apply for a visa, I’m thinking the process can be initiated online, also a trusted reliable freight forwarded for our rig.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
In general the entire application process is completed online. They may ask questions or request documentation, but I'll be through your account on their immigration website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles