A built FG649 at Watagans

DzlToy

Explorer
This is how an FG should be built. I realise that everyone does not need this, but the lack of a low range transfer case and lockers, poor articulation and little skinny tyres/tires on the stock version, makes it damn near useless off road. Models and specifications vary by country, but to my knowledge, MFTB has never produced a version of this calibre or capability from the factory. In my opinion, it is better for the truck to have a bit more capability than what is actually required by the customer. In stock form, it is quite easy to exhaust or even exceed the capabilities of these vehicles.

Wazak

I've watched the videos of this Canter for a while and both it and it's owner are very capable off road.

Ultimark

I too have watched the Canter for a while, the major difference is that they now have a front locker, whereas initially it was the standard open differential and pretty useless in many situations. And yes, he knows how to drive.

The Mercedes driver is getting better, but he is really hampered with the tyres.

DzlToy

Explorer
Are there any newer videos on YouTube showing the FG in action with the front locker installed? They do make a world of difference, those front lockers on nose heavy trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94