A Boreas XT Thread

Kowboy

Adventurer
I do have a suggestion for temperature control on those cold winter nights. The main loss of heat comes from the windows on the doors. We have designed an insulated, waterproof, and reflective window cover. It also works great in the summer for keeping the cabin cooler. below are a couple pics. All you need to do is mount a couple magnets on the door and your done. They are $250 shipped for the pair. I'll admit they aren't the cheapest but they are really nice.

Got those and they are indeed nice. Prob'ly just recommend folks make their own tho at the price point.

And they have nothin' to do with the poor performance of the thermostat. Too hot … then too cold. Still open for suggestions and searchin' for a suitable replacement that can moderate the interior temperature more efficiently and comfortably.

PackerBadger

Hello everyone. Doing some research its between a camper like this and a van. My question is do I need tow mirrors? I would likely be pulling with a 1/2 ton pickup? Thanks Andy.

Kowboy

Adventurer
No sir. Your stock mirrors will easily and safely see down the sides of the trailer and at 2000 lbs, your 1/2 ton pickup will tow it with ease.

Pax2525

Adventurer
Hello everyone. Doing some research its between a camper like this and a van. My question is do I need tow mirrors? I would likely be pulling with a 1/2 ton pickup? Thanks Andy.

No you dont "need" tow mirrors. Ive towed this trailer plenty with even a truck camper on the back with my stock mirrors and it was fine. It really boils down to what youre comfortable with.

Piophan

So I finally placed my deposit and I’ll be taking my 2020 Boreas XT home either end of this week or next week and I can’t wait! I wanted one last year and ended up buying something else to try to save some money. I proved to myself that the off-road trailer life is for me and that I was right to want a Boreas. So I sold what I had (at a loss of course) and now I’m doing what I should have done to begin with!

WildRig

Approved Vendor : Boreas Campers
So I finally placed my deposit and I’ll be taking my 2020 Boreas XT home either end of this week or next week and I can’t wait! I wanted one last year and ended up buying something else to try to save some money. I proved to myself that the off-road trailer life is for me and that I was right to want a Boreas. So I sold what I had (at a loss of course) and now I’m doing what I should have done to begin with!
We are pumped to have you in the Boreas Family! We'll see you on the trail and swing in the shop the next time you're in the area!

Piophan

We are pumped to have you in the Boreas Family! We'll see you on the trail and swing in the shop the next time you're in the area!

I’m always in the area, I live a mile down the road from the shop! But I’ll swing in and show it to you when I get the iKamper on top and get it all set up how we want it. I’m picking it up for the first time in about an hour!

WildRig

Approved Vendor : Boreas Campers
I’m always in the area, I live a mile down the road from the shop! But I’ll swing in and show it to you when I get the iKamper on top and get it all set up how we want it. I’m picking it up for the first time in about an hour!
Heck ya! Time to hit the trail! I saw your rig at Juniper the other day. Looking real nice!

soyabm

Please share pictures of the iKamper.

Curious if any of you considered the Vorsheer XOC before purchasing the Boreas XT? If so, what led you to purchase the Boreas XT?

Kowboy

Adventurer
I considered ev'rythang.

Vorsheer trailer is real nice but the size and weight was more than I wanted behind my lil' jeep. Even the Boreas substantially limits the off-road ability of my jeep. It gets me away from the RV crowd but certainly ain't a trail trailer. Too long and too low. All thangs in life are a compromise tho. The Boreas is very well made and it sure makes for some comfortable campin' in the places I can drag it to. Then continue on with just the jeep.

But folks have very dif'rent definitions of off-road. To some, off-road is simply off-pavement. And any trailer is fine for the folks goin' down dirt roads to a campground and towin' with a stock grocery getter. To each their own.

Kowboy

Adventurer
Time has come to put mine up for sale:

Time has come to put mine up for sale:

Kowboy, curious why the you’re selling and what your plans are moving forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles